UKC

Quechua Vuarde rock shoe

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kingborris 18 Mar 2010
Anyone climbed in a pair of the red decathlon / quechua velcro rock shoes?

I was thinking of getting a pair for bashing around indoors in. They fit OK, but I'm a little worried about the stickiness of the unbranded rubber. how are they for smearing etc? I'm after something cheap and velcro for none technical routes, and these would seem to fit the bill if the rubber's ok.

Cheers,

kb

mlmatt 18 Mar 2010
In reply to kingborris:

I've been using the grey ones for years. As for unbranded rubber they are made from vibram rubber! I've found them fine for pootling around in doors on and climbing up to e4 6a outdoors. The rubber is pretty sticky to give it credit.

Enjoy!
OP kingborris 18 Mar 2010
In reply to mlmatt:

the grey laceups and the green velcros are vibram rubber, but the red ones arent (or at least, they arent branded as such).
In reply to kingborris:
bump?
 escalator 18 Mar 2010
In reply to kingborris:
> (In reply to kingborris)
> bump?

Alright, I'll join in.

I have pair of the grey ones, and I use them for general climbing whilst instructing, they are at the end of their life so I am going to replace them with another pair, and also buy some green velcro ones. For proper climbing I have some Scarpa, Boreal, and 5.10.
In reply to escalator:

thanks for input, but i'm really hunting for anyone with experience of the red ones (non-vibram sole). If i was after a laced pair, then i'd definately go for the greys.

i've a pair of katanas for egdy stuff, but at £90ish a pop and as my footwork isnt great yet, i try not to climb in them unless i need something a bit technical.

I'm also after a velcro shoe, as down the wall, laces are a pain to take off / put on between routes. hence my interest in the red shoe
OP kingborris 08 Apr 2010
In reply to kingborris:

Should anyone be interested, I ended up getting a pair of the red shoes, and I'm really pleased with them for the money.

The rubber seems pretty decent, and I certainly havent been sliding off stuff becuse of them. OK, they arent the most precise edging shoe, as only having one velcro strap does mean they are a little prone to not being overly tight around the forefoot.

Still for just over 1/3rd the cost of my La Sportivas, they'll more than do for most stuff I climb.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...