UKC

Help with performance coaching

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Ian 26 Nov 2000
I am trying to assess the feasibility of setting up training workshops. So that I have a reasonable idea of how to do this I would be extremely grateful if anybody who could offer advice could get back to me. The type of things I need are contacts of people who have run performance coaching in the past, people who have managed such events etc. It would also be useful if any general advice on how to go about this could be given.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
John B 26 Nov 2000
Have you tried the National Mountaineering Centre at Plas Y Brenin? I attended a workshop there in about 1987, I'm sure they must have done many more since.
Because its such a complex activity I wonder how you can personalise training workshops. The best thing I've come across by a mile is 'Performance Rock Climbing' by Dale Goddard and Udo Neumann, published by Cordee in UK (Stackpole Books 1993)
Al Downie 27 Nov 2000
Kendal Film Festival (next weekend) includes a 'training masterclass' delivered at the Kendal Wall by Neil Gresham, I believe.

See ya,

al
andy r 27 Nov 2000
I'm getting on with a training site, its about halfway there, but coursework is getting in the way...

andy
Ian 27 Nov 2000
The aim of the workshops is to try to address the manner with a large proportion of climbers are introduced to the sport. The target is basically students (sorry for not saying before). But the idea is to offer people from student clubs a short peformance coaching skills enabling them to teach things such as technique training, injury prevention etc in a well-informed and authoritive manner, rather than in the non-existent way it seems to happen at the moment.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...