UKC

Ratho Tues night

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JFort 25 Mar 2010
Hey, was anyone else at Ratho this Tue and last after 7pm? Man it was so busy, someone even climbed up behind me so close that I knelt on him! If I'd fallen then I would have taken him with me, not safe! It was too busy at some points! Any reason for this anyone? Tue and Thu are our regular nights but may have to change, seemed to be lots of kids training too.
 jacobfinn 25 Mar 2010
In reply to JFort:

Surely its better to see Ratho busy than deserted?
OP JFort 25 Mar 2010
In reply to JFort:

Oh yeah I totally agree from that point of view, the busier the better as far as revenue is concerned. But as it gets busier as the weather gets warmer then maybe they just need to watch out for some people being irresponsible or unsafe.
My partner and I had the idea that the routes could be re-assessed to have more of a range on each line, all the 5s get really busy but then the harder lines, ie the top ropes to the right of the tower, are quieter. Could just help spread people out a bit more, same on the lead climbs too, as there is so much space.
 monkeys 26 Mar 2010
In reply to JFort:
Yep it was mad. Left early (7.30) as got difficult with folk directly above or beneath me on lead walls. Not a nice feeling !.

Was unusually busy, but maybe just a lot of folk in a hurry to return after a long winter stay-away ?
In reply to JFort:
> (In reply to JFort)
> that the routes could be re-assessed to have more of a range on each line, all the 5s get really busy but then the harder lines, ie the top ropes to the right of the tower, are quieter. Could just help spread people out a bit more, same on the lead climbs too, as there is so much space.

Hi

I had a similar issue at ratho a few weeks ago and talked to the staff about it they suggested that Ratho have a forum that staff and route setters read and they actively ask for customer feed back, so you should put this suggestion forward, it can only help to make the place better for the customers eg you and me.

Its still a great place to climb thou, dont you think?

Cheers
SDB

OP JFort 26 Mar 2010
In reply to monkeys:

Yeah it was mad, last night was back to normal though.
The lead wall did look crazy, I didn't even get the rope out!
It does add pressure while climbing when people are so close! I think I got used to it when I learnt at Alien but now just used to the vastness of Ratho, so busy night like that is mental!
OP JFort 26 Mar 2010
In reply to ShinyDiscoBalls:

Yeah I sent them a message on facebook and they suggested the forum, seems to be down at the mo though, good idea like.

Totally agree, it is a great place to climb and I guess it will get busier now that it's not -10 in the arena! It was nice to have the place to yourself when it was but just way too cold.
 AlasdairM 26 Mar 2010
In reply to JFort: Tuesday is youth club night I believe, which explains some of it, and there were plenty of other groups in.

The competition wall is always deserted, there's a route on there that I've been working for ages and I always get an opportunity as nobody else seems to like it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...