UKC

Jetboil Vrs Jetboil Flash - worth the extra few quid?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SuperstarDJ 30 Mar 2010
I'm looking to get a stove and the Jetboil units look neat, light and are well reviewed so I'm thinking they'd be good for me (backpack and bivi use).

I was wondering if the Jetboil Flash is worth the extra money? Any thoughts?

Thanks,

David.
 PeterM 30 Mar 2010
In reply to SuperstarDJ:

I'd stick with the jetboil and accept the limitations - i.e. cup size, stability, and the piss-poor piezo igniter. What they should have spent money on is sorting the piezo out or even introducing a remote canister capability a la the markill one you used to be able to get instead of making the cups look like something from Priscilla Queen of the Desert....
 Mr-Cowdrey 30 Mar 2010
In reply to SuperstarDJ: ive had my jet boil for a few years now and the only problem ive had with it was the stability. but you can now buy a neat little base for it to widen the bottom to increase stability. but after all the years of using it, the ignition button has gone and its tempermental. i worry now that im gunna get blown up because it wont light on the first click any more, sometimes there isnt even a click...but if i had the choice, id buy a new one...or a pocket rocket
 wilkie14c 30 Mar 2010
In reply to Mr-Cowdrey:
"The newly designed burner secures the igniter, protecting it from bumps along the road."

http://shop.jetboil.com/index.php/flash.html

Looks like the Flash has addressed the ignighter problem
ice.solo 31 Mar 2010
In reply to SuperstarDJ:

even with a flashy new ignighter youd still be insane to head out withou a backup - so that really doesnt change much.

i like the trendy indicator thing on the outside. yeah yeah i thought it was just a gimmick, but when huddled on a ledge in china this winter where movement was difficult i found knowing how close it was to boiling without shifting position a huge plus.
im happy to pay for that.

plus i got a bright orange one which is easier to find in a stuffed pack by torch light and looks kinda cool.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...