UKC

Help me, My partners are turning into punters!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Franco Cookson 13 Apr 2010
Hello there,

Back in the good old days, me and my chums would happily run over hill and dale having a whale of a time, but more recently they have become visably less 'psyched', with fears of failing on routes dictating which routes they choose to try (easier ones) and not wanting to go out except in the most beautiful of blue skies.

Please help me, I can see close friends slipping into the clutches of 'chopperdom', where only hexes clang and esoterica is a long way off the cards.

Does anyone have any tips on how to get their youthful spirit of adventure back?

Thank you,

Alan
 David Peters 13 Apr 2010
In reply to manker: Dump 'em
In reply to David Peters: But i'm fond of their chubby ways and hilarious banter.
 d_b 13 Apr 2010
In reply to manker:

Cocaine in their chalk bags. Easy.

In reply to manker: if you are older than 9 years of age you have no chance of change, accept that you are crap and will amount to nothing.

Hope this helps

:oD
 d_b 13 Apr 2010
In reply to grumpybearpantsclimbinggoat:

Stop getting his hopes up.

Fact is, it's all downhill from the day you are born. Second law of thermodynamics says so.
 EeeByGum 13 Apr 2010
In reply to manker: It happens. You will find they all get married and have kids. You will then find that you end up getting married and have kids and then wonder what the fuss is all about.
 gribble 13 Apr 2010
In reply to manker:

Get them all into swinging. After a short while, some divorces will ensue. Cue premature midlife crisis and some spare time and hey presto! - climbing partners again!
 Justin T 13 Apr 2010
In reply to manker:

If you can't beat them, join them. Last couple of nights I've enjoyed a classic VS revival - leave the cams at home, grab a full set of hexes for that authentic jangly experience and rock the polished holds and thrutching. Any hold smaller than 4mm is off limits, crimping and microwires are banned, and a full-body jam is mandatory at some stage in proceedings.
 Rampikino 13 Apr 2010
In reply to manker:

How do you know you aren't turning into a punter yourself?
In reply to Rampikino:

cause i'm a legend with no committments.
 teflonpete 13 Apr 2010
In reply to manker:
> (In reply to Rampikino)
>
> cause i'm a legend with no committments.

Which translates to "climbing bum".

Get the chubby boys to belay you on single pitch routes and abb down for your gear while they go and wheeze their way up a V. Diff.
In reply to teflonpete:

indeed. The problem is getting their chubby little backsides to the crag though and I don't know if you've ever been climbing with grumpy people, but it's hard?
 DJonsight 13 Apr 2010
In reply to manker: Bloody hell, sounds like they might have discovered women!

They should have a revival after about ten years when things get boring...
Lusk 13 Apr 2010
In reply to manker:
> Hello there,
>
> Back in the good old days, me and my chums would happily run over hill and dale having a whale of a time,

Are you an Enid Blyton character?
In reply to DJonsight:

They deffinately haven't descovered women- far too chubby and warty.
 JimR 13 Apr 2010
In reply to manker:

Dump'em and get a cuddly belay bunny.
 The Pylon King 13 Apr 2010
In reply to manker:

You should be putting your "youthful spirit of adventure" into good use -

Join the army
 csw 13 Apr 2010
In reply to davidbeynon:
> (In reply to grumpybearpantsclimbinggoat)
>
> Stop getting his hopes up.
>
> Fact is, it's all downhill from the day you are born. Second law of thermodynamics says so.

Except we don't live in a closed system - give the guy a chance - the downhill bit doesn't start until at least 20
 Jonny2vests 13 Apr 2010
In reply to manker:

Ditch them and seek out this nutter called Franco Cookson, he's a bit of a gobshi*te at times and likes to stir it up, but I get the feeling you two would get on really well (as a perfect partner and in a homo-erotic sort of way).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...