UKC

Welsh Winter Conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rory Shaw 19 Apr 2010
Saw someone climbing a not quite complete central trinity yesterday... mentallist!
 Mike Peacock 19 Apr 2010
In reply to The Rorster: Bizarre! Easy Route in Cwm Cniefion was still just about hanging in last week, but the snow quality must have been appalling.
 Rampikino 19 Apr 2010
In reply to Mike Peacock:

Good heavens! Get on the grit for the love of god!
 Mike Peacock 19 Apr 2010
In reply to The Rorster: I assume you mean the splendid isolation that is Rhinogau grit, and none of this Peak rubbish?

Though I find it's more time to kick start the gorge scrambling season myself.
 Rampikino 19 Apr 2010

Nooo, Yorkshire Grit.
 Mike Peacock 19 Apr 2010
In reply to Rampikino: Silly idea. Why would I travel to Yorkshire when I live in Snowdonia? Tut tut.
 Misha 20 Apr 2010
Just out of interest, is there still much snow left on the tops and in the gullies? Not intending to do any routes, just interested to know how long it's taking to melt after this winter season's substantial snowfalls.
 haydn 20 Apr 2010
In reply to The Rorster:
As we drove past Idwal Cottage on Sunday there looked to be just enough snow on Easy Route in Cneifion for you to pick a continuous line from the bottom of the (upper) cwm to the top of the headwall. I dread to think what the quality of it was like though!
 Mike Peacock 20 Apr 2010
In reply to haydn: Here's a pic from Idwal on Saturday afternoon. Not the best but you can see Corner Gully and Easy Route:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikepeacock/4538010269/sizes/o/

There was a hell of a lot more the weekend before though.
 jas wood 20 Apr 2010
> (In reply to Rampikino) Silly idea. Why would I travel to Yorkshire when I live in Snowdonia? Tut tut.

Almscliff ?
 Cardi 20 Apr 2010
In reply to jas wood: Yeuch...
 Simon Caldwell 21 Apr 2010
In reply to jas wood:
Whitestone Cliffe
 jas wood 21 Apr 2010
In reply to Toreador: Oh the list is endless !!
apparently there is gritstone outside of yorkshire (they reckon its over-rated mind)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...