UKC

Rubber matting to go on grass under home wall??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dpc 22 Apr 2010
I have recently put a wee wall up in the garden and am trying to get hold of rubber matting with holes that the grass can grow through. Any experience of using such stuff? I have found a couple of suppliers on line but it all seems very expensive. Info much appreciated
neilinut 22 Apr 2010
In reply to dpc:

how big is the wall and is it just you using it?

most grasses wouls survive a bouldering mat being placed on them for 45 minutes a day 3-5 days a week. I think the other stuff can give you issues for mowing when you mow near the edge too.
OP dpc 22 Apr 2010
In reply to neilinut:
When it rains, the grass gets really muddy. Its 12foot high by 8 wide. The idea was to use a proper bouldering mat on top of the rubbery stuff if I was thinking I might fall, or just the rubbery stuff for stamina/ easy climbing.
neilinut 22 Apr 2010
In reply to dpc:

okay if it being wet is an issue and its only that size what about driving in stakes and having a removable board that fits onto them and clips against the wall when not in use? How proud you make those stakes depends on trip risk I guess to you and others. There is always the the of stake you can get for sinking washing lines etc
neilinut 22 Apr 2010
In reply to dpc:

forgot to add - you can then put the Decathlon type weight room matting which is dirst cheap on the board for some shock absorbtion / noise reduction
 markandlynn 05 May 2010
In reply to dpc: Sorry forgot to say its good stuff easy to lay and does the job if you dont protect the grass you will get a dead and dusty patch pretty quickly alternatively dig it out , weed membrane and barck chippings.
OP dpc 06 May 2010
In reply to dpc: Thanks for your help guys.
Apparantly there is a "grass protection rubber matting" supply problem in the uk at the moment and I need to try again at the end of may! In the meantime, I'm using old carpet and a bouldering mat. Cheers!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...