UKC

Climbing Technology Carved Chock

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Brian-P 27 Apr 2010
im starting to get into trad and im looking at buying my first set of nuts, has anyone had any experience with Climbing Technology Carved Chocks?
ive seen these for £50, are these ok or am i better off getting a set of DMM or black diamond?
any advice?
In reply to joef: Hi dude, go for the DMM wall nuts, sets are around at the moment for about 65 for 1-11,good range and placement. Also the CT chocks are a little like the BD ones and the kong ones, i have a set of BD's and have no issues with them but i think the DMM are a good base to begin with.
 Southern Bell 30 Apr 2010
In reply to climbing_rocks1983:

But the rocks (wc) are easier to retrieve than wall nuts - both are easier the curve nuts or offsets
 uncontrollable 30 Apr 2010
In reply to joef:

Go for DMM Wallnuts or Wild Country rocks.
If the price is an issue consider the non anodized Wild Country rocks, they sell for around £50 at the moment. and are pretty much the same as the anodized version.
Wires will last you quite a while so it's not a bad idea investing a couple of £more per nut and have the full advantage of a well designed product.

TomMouse 30 Apr 2010
In reply to joef: I used a set of the CT carved chocks the other week, borrowed from a buddy who swears by CT. I was climbing on Limestone sea cliffs and had no problems with them at all, in fact I quite liked them.
If you're looking to spend less than £60 your choice is basically between CT chocks, WC classics or Zero G spectrums.
The CTs and Zero Gs are anodised but that's the only real difference between the three, especially if you're new to placing gear and not set in your ways about what you like and don't like.
No matter what you choose practice placing them before hitting the routes, and enjoy your climbing.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...