UKC

NEWS: VIDEO: UKC / PyB Alpine Festival - HUGE SUCCESS

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 29 Apr 2010
[Adam Wainwright, top big wall climber, relaxes after teaching on the Alpine Festival, 3 kb]UKClimbing.com and Plas y Brenin have just hosted the first UKC/PyB Alpine Festival, a weekend of skills workshops and huge prize give-aways in North Wales.

The weekend was a sell-out success with people travelling from all over the UK to attend.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=53174

In reply to always_falling: Actually the workshops were excellent. =o)
 Mr G 29 Apr 2010
In reply to highaltitudebarista:
> (In reply to always_falling) Actually the workshops were excellent. =o)

I second that :~)
 cisco 29 Apr 2010
In reply to always_falling: Quite the reverse, all the workshops were first class. I only wish there had been time to go on each of them. There were seventeen on offer, but the weekend only gave time for eight. I thought the video captured the fact that, as well as being educational, the weekend was great fun. As a measure of it's success I have already started planning for a trip to the Alps next year.
In reply to Mr G: Hey, that's a cool user name. Bo)
always_falling 29 Apr 2010
In reply to UKC News:

It's good to hear that the weekend was more than just a goody bag but I think the video could reflect this alot better.
 freemanTom 29 Apr 2010
In reply to UKC News: Was a cracking weekend.
One possible reason of many for absence of workshops from vid is that many people wouldn't be comfortable having a camera in their face when trying to learn something.
 Michael Ryan 29 Apr 2010
In reply to always_falling:
> (In reply to UKC News)
>
> It's good to hear that the weekend was more than just a goody bag but I think the video could reflect this alot better.

It was a great weekend thank you and everyone, from those who participated, those alpinists who delivered the workshops, Plas y Brenin, and the companies that supported it, put a great deal of effort in.

I'm sure those who were on the course/festival will put the skills learned and knowledge to good use.
 A Reid 30 Apr 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Looks like a great weekend

Off topic what's the music used in the video?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...