UKC

Yeti Gaiters and British army issue combat boots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Does any one know if they make a good fit??
If not then what other boots (sub £60) would you recommend?
cheers
 bouldery bits 30 Apr 2010
In reply to airbournegrapefruit:

The real issue is how stiff the sole is. Essentially Yeti's are gash on anything even remotely flexible unless they are specific Berghaus Boots!

You may need to modify your Yeti's slightly (rubber band, etc.)
 mark32 30 Apr 2010
In reply to airbournegrapefruit: no good on issue boots mate ive tried them no one makes the attack sole any more that is the perfect fit for the yetis. they would prob go on hanwags or a scarpa or something that has a large rubber front then you can put a little seam sealant on the front before you go on ex and that should keep them on its worked for me in the past
 jonnie3430 30 Apr 2010

There are issue waterproof socks about, or failing that, try sealskin socks instead as a work around.
 Milesy 30 Apr 2010
Ditch the issue boots and get a pair of Lowas.
Sapper4083 30 Apr 2010
In reply to Milesy:
> Ditch the issue boots and get a pair of Lowas.

seconded

Jim Fraser 30 Apr 2010

Why bother? I wade about in 250mm of water with well-waxed BCH. With plenty wax on them they also sustain less damage from rocks and scree. The latest stuff is crap on the hill because of the heel. I keep the issue stuff for airfields and I still have a pair of the old 90s BCH for the hill.

I never use waterproof socks or liners and I never use cotton or synthetic socks. Wool, wool or wool.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...