UKC

pontas sizing question...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 matthew jones 03 May 2010
how do these compare to the anasazi velcro size wise? the sizing guide on the evolve site has just given me a monstrously large foot (us 12-12,5!). Currently using 42.5 on anasazi and this is a good fit (slightly comfy). Possibility of a cheap pair and the feedback i have heard has been just positive...
 Lemony 03 May 2010
In reply to matthew jones: They're wider and flatter across the toes than velcros but I find that for me they size up just slightly smaller than my usual shoes. I wear a 9.5 normally and wear a 9 in the pontas. I'd say that maybe half a size bigger than your anasazis [+/- 0.5 sizes] would be most likely to fit but they're an unusual shape for a rock shoe so I really would recommend trying them.
 Mark Stevenson 03 May 2010
In reply to matthew jones: My old tight Anasizi velcros are 6.5, and Pontas velcros in 7 seem pretty similar although it's the Defy I normally wear.
 Scott Kirkhope 03 May 2010
In reply to matthew jones: my pontas are only half a size smaller than my usual shoe size where as my 5.10 are a couple of sizes smaller. The pontas haven't noticeably stretched either so i would go for a stupidly tight fit.
 Mark Stevenson 03 May 2010
In reply to scott kirkhope: I assume there is a 'not' missing in your last comment?

Anyway your advice is sound. I've heard from various people that the Pontas don't stretch much at all.
 geddicakes 03 May 2010
In reply to matthew jones:
8.5 in the verdes and 9 in pontas, normal shoe is 9.5.
 Guy Atkinson 03 May 2010

I've gone a size smaller than my street shoe with my pontas, hurt like a bastard at first but now i can wear them for a 4 hour indoor bouldering session without much problem
OP matthew jones 05 May 2010
In reply to Guy Atkinson:
"hurt like a bastard" is the sort of technical feedback I like best. Tells it 'ow it is. Cheers for the tips though folks.
 snoop6060 05 May 2010

Pontas and anazi are very different, I can't get my foot in any size of anazi since the front is too narrow and the back too baggy. Pontas fit me well since they much wider at the front. If you fit the 5.10 well you may struggle to find any of the pontas that fit you.
 CragX Shop 05 May 2010
In reply to matthew jones: Pontas are pretty much the same size as Anasazis. Most people get the same size in each.

I've just held one of each against each other to check - both size6s are almost identical in length. The Pontas has much less heel tension than the Anasazi though so may feel a little different.

The sole unit of the Anasazi is noticeably wider around toes4 and 5 and the end of the metatarsals (ie just forward of the velcro) but in my opinion the Pontas has more volume. Which feels widest will depend on the exact shape of your foot. Most noticeably, wide flat feet don't tend to get on well with the Pontas.

HTH, Iain

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...