UKC

Evolv Pontas

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
memsley89 05 May 2010
What's the sizing like on these?
Ideally, I'd just go try some on,
but canny find any stockists near me... (Canterbrizzle, Kent)
I'm a UK 10 (street shoes) UK 9 1/2 (La sportiva's) and a UK10 1/2 (5.10's)

Advice' please.
 Gibson 05 May 2010
In reply to memsley89:

Small, very small.
I'm an 11 normally and the 11.5's still don't fit me.
 Andrew Lodge 05 May 2010
In reply to memsley89: Agree, I normally take 8 in most climbing shoe sand had to go to 8.5
 big john 05 May 2010
In reply to memsley89: i would go for a size 10 in your case. i'm a 10.5 in five tens and got a 10 in the pontas. they took some painfull stretching at first but are now awsome. but then everyone is different-if them being v tight is not an issue get 10.5's
 Paulos 06 May 2010
In reply to memsley89:
Im usually UK 10, but needed to get UK 9 for Pontas for a proper close fit. Found they stretched slightly, slightly painful at first, really good now.
 Alex Thompson 06 May 2010
In reply to Gibson:
Small?? I usually wear size 9 shoes, but went for size 8 Pontas! Or perhaps I don't mind mangling my feet... :-/
 NorthernRock 06 May 2010
In reply to memsley89:

I wear a 7 or 8 street shoe.
I had evolv defy in 7, and could maybe have worn 6.5. Good shoe apart from the smell which prompted me to get pontas velcro in 7.5, which is borderline painful.
 christoph owen 06 May 2010
In reply to memsley89:
Usually a 9 1/2 - 10 street shoe. had to get a 8 1/2 pontas for a tight fit
 stemill 06 May 2010
In reply to memsley89:

I found them incredibly narrow and uncomfortable.

I take a 9/9.5 in street shoes. Got Defys in 9's which are a nice all day comfy fit. Pontas in a 9 are too cramped for me to climb in comfort at all and totally unbearable after about an hour.
kilgore1080 06 May 2010

I got the Pontas Lace and they stretched out way too fast despite being assured that they wouldn't. Also, on the Lace version (dunno about the velcro one) the rand doesn't go up the heel very high so combined with the stretching I mentioned the heel is very squishy.
 Kevster 06 May 2010
In reply to memsley89:
Mine stretched quite a bit, they also smell, a lot. My scarpa's barely have an odour and my day to day shoes are more than socially acceptable. Sizing I have 1 -1.5 sizes smaller than street shoes.

k

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...