UKC

That little locking thing on trekking poles

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Ian 25 Mar 2003
A bit difficult to explain but here goes: I was at the bottom of the crag in the pass on Sunday and was ovecome with the desire to poke one of my friends up the rear with a trekking pole (to aleviate the frustration of failure on a route). After the second prod, he turned and grabbed the end of the pole and pulled the last 'section' out. A sword fight then ensued with two halves of a trekking pole as we both balanced on a rock. There was a steely clash of blades and I watched, horiffied as the locking bit from the end of my sword/pole went hurtling off down the scree.

The make is craghoppers and the poles are of the type where you twist the poles to lock. The bit missing is the bit that expands inside the pole.

Any ideas on replacement or repair?

Thanks in advance

Ian
lynn 25 Mar 2003
In reply to Ian: I did notice only the other day (Sunday infact, in Cotswold) that you can buy various replacement bits for poles. Not sure if the manufacturers will be expecting the gripping bit to get lost very often though! Probably best to contact Craghoppers.
Steve Williams 25 Mar 2003
In reply to Ian:

You can certainly buy the Leki ones in most good retailers, I seem to remember them being about a quid. Never seen other brands though. They may be universal, but thats probably to much to hope for.
Jay White 25 Mar 2003
In reply to Ian: Cant help with pole sorry but who won sword fight?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...