UKC

A55 Sport Climbs guidebook has landed

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Pesda Press 11 May 2010
premier post photo
Gearing up for a summer or autumn sport climbing trip abroad? Want to get outside for some after-work training, or to get to grips with some flowstone to level-up your limestone skills? Or do you want to make the most of the glorious Welsh summer, cruising up over one hundred and fifty bolted routes? A55 Sport Climbs has just arrived to open up a nest of quality sport crags on the north coast this summer. Also check out http://northwaleslimestone.wetpaint.com/ where you can give feedback on the routes and interact with the author, Mike, and the local routesetters. You can order your copy online at the Pesda Press bookshop or order a copy from your local shop, it's £11.99. There's also a small sample of the layout (including the route index) at http://www.pesdapress.com/A55SportClimbs
 jezb1 11 May 2010
In reply to Pesda Press: Looks good, will be getting myself a copy
 ksjs 12 May 2010
In reply to Pesda Press: im going to be really anal here: 'routesetters' is indoors surely, dont you mean equippers? the sample is technically impressive but no pages for any of the actual climbing are shown - limited value only?

anyway, looking forward to seeing this in the flesh...
 Tom_Harding 12 May 2010
In reply to Pesda Press:

Looks OK... Be intresting to see some actual topos, why they dident include one in the preview i will never know. The formatting doesent look as slick as the new CC's or ground up books, it seems to have all the information widly spaced with lots of white space. Doesent matter i suppose as your not dragging it up multipitchs.

Wiley Coyote2 16 May 2010
In reply to Pesda Press:

Hmmm. £12 for fewer than 170 routes sounds a bit steep to me
 Adam Lincoln 18 May 2010
For all who are questioning certain aspects of the guide. I got to see one at the weekend, and was very impressed. The topo's do the job perfectly. The route descriptions are spot on. All presented in a lovely glossy guidebook. For a first time effort i think Mike has done a stonking job. As for not great value for money. I didn't realise guidebooks were priced per route? This has more than enough routes to keep people happy. Albeit the Mid 7's climber might be a bit limited but i think the cost is perfectly warranted. Also, who do you think paid for a lot of the equipping of the routes? Guidebook costs i personally think should take this into account.

Get out there, buy one, and start enjoying the routes

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...