UKC

La Sportiva Miura VS rubber change?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I've taken a fancy to my girlfriend's Miura VS shoes - for climbing in before you start! Thinking of replacing my Solutions with them as they're a better fit.

Her's have the XS Edge rubber on them rather than the Solution's XS Grip2, which is fine but I've just been looking at Sportiva's site and it states in the Miura spec that they have the Grip2 rubber on them and the close-up pic of the sole shows that too.

Her shoes are only about 3 months old, have they changed which rubber they use on them?
BigJames 12 May 2010
In reply to Steve Perry (Pezz):

Miura and Miura VS still both say they are using XS edge on their website when you search for them, but in the spec list it says xs grip, and on the close up it says xs grip?.....confusing eh?

Out of interest what's making you choose muira's over Solutions, i'm thinking of picking one of the two up as my second shoes for steep stuff, how would you compare the two?
 nufkin 12 May 2010

I think, though would happily stand to be corrected, that previously XS Grip was used all the Sportiva climbing shoes (or at least they didn't differentiate between various types), whereas newer stock is now coming with one or the other.

Facewest.co.uk 12 May 2010

There has been some confusion over the rubber on some Sportiva shoes as the change was an 'in line' change. Newer models of the Miura VS's have XS Edge rubber.
More info here; http://www.facewest.co.uk/La-Sportiva-Miura-VS.html
And rubber info here; http://www.lasportiva.com/catalogue/EN/xs_edge.html
In reply to BigJames:

I don't think you can go wrong either way. They only reason I'm leaning towards the Miura is down to fit, I've struggled with my big toes in the past with regards to bunions and the Miura keeps my big toe in a slightly better alignment than the Solutions.

I climb a lot of steep stuff and both shoes in my opinion are way better than my old Dragons. It's looking like the Solutions have the softer compound rubber so you may be better off with the Miuras with the slightly harder compound to allow you to really pull in with your feet without the rubber 'giving'.

Both shoes have hardly stretched due to the excellent P3 system and I'm very happy with them both so just go and see which ones fit best. The Solutions almost feel like a rubber sock - they're crazy!

At the moment I'm using my gf's Miuras for indoor training sessions and my Solutions for outdoor but that may change as I'm so impressed with the Miuras.
fil-p 12 May 2010
In reply to big James. Have a look at the new katana laces. I've got the solutions and muira vs and I'd say that the fit on the new katanas are better. They're slightly downturned and have xs edge rubber which seems fine. I'd definately recommend them as a good all rounder.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...