/ Environment Portfolio - that means US!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
toad - on 13 May 2010
Well, the department most likely to impact the things we like to do has gone to Caroline Spelman, who's straight from the arable agriculture lobby - Don't go expecting any more milestones in access and conservation in the next few years (or a robust defence of those rights we have gained), and I'm guessing the funding priorities won't be towards the upland communities.
subalpine - on 13 May 2010
In reply to toad: similarly, what should we expect from the rise of former bankers in government?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/7707352/General-Election-2010-banker...
i guess it could be argued that these are the only people that know enough about the subject to reform the system?
Bulls Crack - on 13 May 2010
In reply to toad:

I read that too and felt a bit depressed; being in the business. She's also a trustee of the Conservative Christian group/association........
toad - on 13 May 2010
In reply to Bulls Crack:
> (In reply to toad)
>
She's also a trustee of the Conservative Christian group/association........

Yep, I'm concerned she might take a "God gave man dominion over..." approach to the environment. I suspect NE and BW can kiss goodbye to their budgets (other than the bits of NE that used to be Ruural Payments)
Bulls Crack - on 13 May 2010
In reply to toad:
> (In reply to Bulls Crack)
> [...]
> She's also a trustee of the Conservative Christian group/association........
>
>
> Yep, I'm concerned she might take a "God gave man dominion over..." approach to the environment. I suspect NE and BW can kiss goodbye to their budgets (other than the bits of NE that used to be Ruural Payments)

Think she'll support the Rural Payments agency? That would be very unfashionable. 2015 before the next round of CAP..wonder if she'll still be there?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.