UKC

gogarth camping

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jussy 17 May 2010
Can anyone tell me where is the best spot to camp at or close to gogarth?
wild camping or a campsite...
cheers.
In reply to jussy: go there and you will be able to take your pick for wild camping! plenty of places
 MHutch 17 May 2010
In reply to jussy:

We've camped on lovely flat grass on the North Stack Promontory. Obviously you have to carry in everything, but it's a great spot. Except on foggy nights, when it can be a touch noisy.
OP jussy 17 May 2010
In reply to higherclimbingwales:

its just we are prob going to arrive at about 1am and havent been before...

i was thinking we would just put the tents up near the parking spot by the lighthouse and take it down early the next day... hopefully that won't upset anyone.

Dr Toph 17 May 2010
In reply to jussy:

Spent several nights just behind the parking area for North Stack, put the tent in behind the gorse by the cannon. No issues with the locals, occasional dog walkers about 7am, so packed up around then and breakfasted by the car, where there are handy tables.
Just better wait til the last neds leave in the evening before pitching the tent. They like to hang out there in their cars of an evening.
Have fun!
 GeoffRadcliffe 18 May 2010
In reply to jussy: There are campsites at Trearddur Bay which is only a few miles away.

Bagnol Camping Site & Touring Park
Lon Crecrist, Trearddur Bay, Holyhead - 01407 860 223

Trearddur Farm
Lon Towyn Capel, Trearddur Bay, Holyhead - 01407 861 024

Valley Of The Rocks
Camp Shop, Porthdafarch Road, Holyhead - 01407 765 787
 nikinko 18 May 2010
In reply to jussy:

some suggestions at http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=406649&v=1#x5820271

we're going to the Youth Hostel campsite in a couple of weeks.
 Andy Hardy 18 May 2010
In reply to jussy:

The outddor centre at Rhoscolyn used to have a campsite (not been recently, but it's easy to Google...)
 nikinko 02 Jun 2010
In reply to jussy:

Hiya mate,

not sure when you are/were going. but in case it's useful. I've just got back from the Anglesea Outdoor centre campsite. level well drained camping with good hot showers, and a bar on site serving food. walking distance from the beach if you fancy it.

The Valley of the Rocks campsite is literally next door, and has a gate through which you can access the bar at the Anglesea Outdoors campsite. I've heard the VOTR has some static vans, but didn't go and look for myself.

cheers

Nikki
 Jonny2vests 03 Jun 2010
In reply to 999thAndy:
> (In reply to jussy)
>
> The outddor centre at Rhoscolyn used to have a campsite (not been recently, but it's easy to Google...)

Its still there and still brilliant. Don't tell everyone though, shhhh....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...