UKC

Pod Alpine rucksack, has anybody used one yet?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Iwan 20 May 2010
Has anyone here tried the newish Pod Alpine range yet? Are they a good, comfortable sack?
 SuperstarDJ 20 May 2010
In reply to Iwan:

Used my Alpine 40 for a few days hiking in Scotland and with about 15kg of stuff in on a flat training walk. Very comfortable to wear and I'm very happy with it.
OP Iwan 21 May 2010
Did you carry the weight mainly on your shoulders or hips? I need/prefer a sack that allows me to carry the weight on my hips.
 TobyA 21 May 2010
In reply to Iwan: I have the 40 and am reviewing it for UKC. I used it for a week's ice climbing and ski mountaineering in Norway - and was overall pretty impressed. I promised UKC I'd try and write the review this weekend, so if you can hang on until maybe next week you should be able to read the whole thing.
 nightmonkeyuk 21 May 2010
In reply to Iwan:
If you can still get the Black Ice its awesome.
 SuperstarDJ 21 May 2010
In reply to Iwan:
> Did you carry the weight mainly on your shoulders or hips? I need/prefer a sack that allows me to carry the weight on my hips.

Mostly hips. The belt looked very slight compared to the one on my old Berghaus Freeflow 45 but was just as comfy. The shoulder straps are very adjustable too, allowing you to adjust the upper bit of the sack relative to your shoulders a lot.

droites 21 May 2010
In reply to nightmonkeyuk: Seconded. I have bought and sold numerous sacs to find the 'ultimate' sac and have returned to the Black Ice. Its an awsome allround sac.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...