UKC

Mammut Passion/Beal Edlinger

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 28 May 2010
Hi All,
Im on the market to get my first rope for indoor leading/sport climbing, considering the two aboves,though leaning towards passion due to its cost, have heard that the durability is not as god as beal's,whats your experience with them, there are few reviews in here but nothing really conclusive so still cant decide, thanks in advance
regards,
sebastian
 Petarghh 28 May 2010
In reply to Removed Usersebastian74: I've got the 60m Beal Edlinger, had it since Last august, Been used for Solidly up to 4 times a week for Trad, indoor, Winter and Sport... Still handles well and not fuzzed or damaged. I Would guess It'll last at least another winter. (but It really has had what I would consider "Heavy" use)

Great rope for the money, Would buy another!

Pete.
Removed User 28 May 2010
In reply to Removed Usersebastian74:
as good as beal's,apologies
Removed User 28 May 2010
In reply to Petarghh:
one vote for beal, thanks
 Ireddek 28 May 2010

I've had a Beal Edlinger rope for almost 2 years now. It's my 1st rope & I really like it. It handles nicely and I really have no complaints or regrets since buying it. If you look around you can usually get really good deals on them as well.
I've used it at the wall,for trad and sport before and it worked well for all of these and it still looks almost new, though I don't use it as much as I should so it really only has had "light" use.
 Monk 28 May 2010

I've used the Passion as club ropes (2 or 3 of them) and they seem to be holding up fine to reasonably heavy use (top-roping etc). I certainly think they are reasonably good ropes for the money, and compare favourably with all the other ropes.
Removed User 28 May 2010
In reply to Monk:
it seems like beal has a wider range of users and sounds really durable,the difference in price between these two is just a few pounds, may go for beal, thanks
seb
 psaunders 28 May 2010
In reply to Removed Usersebastian74: I have an edlinger and it's been great so far. It handles nicely and seems pretty hard wearing.

It's been used indoors for top-roping, indoor leading, outdoor leading on grit and some scrambling too (including the wear from direct belays). It seems to be coping fine and will last me a good while yet.

I've not used the mammut but that's my input on the beal one.
Removed User 29 May 2010
In reply to psaunders:
thanks everyone, just found a good deal on beal's
regards
sebastian
 tongodemongo 03 Jun 2010
> (In reply to Removed Userpsaunders)
> thanks everyone, just found a good deal on beal's
> regards
> sebastian

how much did you get it for?
Removed User 03 Jun 2010
In reply to tongodemongo:
£77.24 delivered for 60m from ellis brigham

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...