UKC

Bird Ban at the Westway?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mark Sheridan 29 May 2010
Right at last knockings tonight a couple of laminated A4 notices went up on the outside wall indicating that climbing on the outside wall is prohibited for the immediate future as some House Martins have apparently built a nest in the space of a day. We have the Ring Ousels at Stanage, the Peregrines at the Roaches, but I never thought I'd see the day when a bird ban would affect a climbing wall! Is this not a bit overkill? It would have been pretty easy for someone to have discreetly removed the nest before tomorrow without any of the Conservation Police even knowing. Now they'll probably be back year after year; little pied nuisances.
 thin bob 29 May 2010
In reply to Mark Sheridan: a PITA...but cool!!
as long as we don't get seagulls or, god forbid, fulmars....
 thin bob 29 May 2010
In reply to Mark Sheridan:
typical, urban birds on fake rock, no trad experience, think they can crank anything.....what have the ever done on Great Tits, er, i mean 'grit'?
 tommyzero 29 May 2010
In reply to thin bob: I like your work.
OP Mark Sheridan 29 May 2010

Little black/dark brown nuisances, as I now hear it's Swifts and not House Martins as previously reported.
 jpm102 29 May 2010
10 points to thin bob
Trilby 01 Jun 2010
Housemartins nesting in the outside wall? Jeez... What next? Fatboy Slim sleeping underneath the Campus board and we can't use that either?
Profanisaurus Rex 01 Jun 2010
> (In reply to Mark Sheridan)
>
> Little black/dark brown nuisances,

Racist!

;oP

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...