UKC

THE LOWDOWN: Jon and Kilian, Buma ye!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Jon Cardwell and Kilian Fischhuber both went into A muerte mode and got out there and killed it yesterday. Buma ye, that is, Dani Andrada's hard 8c+ next to the infamous FRFM project at the Laboratory, Margalef. I know Jon had been working it for a while with difficulties coming to terms with the...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=54589

Some of these replies were posted on Björn's old blog website, and so won't be from registered UKC users
Anonymous 22 Jan 2010
Is 8c+ redpoint even newsworthy these days of Ondra?
Chri 22 Jan 2010
since this fortunately isn´t 8a.nu, yes 8c+ is still newsworthy in my opinion, especially since some pretty bouldery route is concerned and not some 2nd. try sendable endurance feast...
Anonymous 22 Jan 2010
It seems loud Americans doing 8c+ get more press than Europeans doing 9a. Why is that? Are they better at marketing themselves? Like Joe Kinder, he would barely make top 50 as a rope climber in Europe, but still everyone knows his name. Are we playing their marketing game and directing sponsor money to the wrong kids?
Björn 22 Jan 2010
Well... I don't think this is a question of some climbers getting too much press, but rather about some not getting enough. I'd be happy to write a lot more about climbers from any part of the world doing well, but I can only write what I know... I urge all climbers (especially those who are really good to drop me a line or, even better, add me on Facebook. You can write to me in any language really, but I'll have to answer in English...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...