UKC

THE LOWDOWN: A present for the future, 9a/+ FA by Ondra

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Yesterday, Adam Ondra made the FA of A present for the future, 9a/+, at Madonna della rota, near Brescia, Italy. The route, the first part of which traverses the roof of a cave, has been described as a 7C into an 8c+ into another 7C, after which you have a 7A+ and a slightly overhanging 7c+ to...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=54596

Some of these replies were posted on Björn's old blog website, and so won't be from registered UKC users
Phil 22 Jan 2010
It looks like "Inga" and like a sit start of a route, as you can start from the end of the roof
9b editor 22 Jan 2010
@ Chri:
I think it's a fantastic line, where You can find all the inclinations:
roof, about 45 degrees overhanging wall and a vertical one.
Just my personal opinion.

Sorry Phil
You can't start to climb from the end of the roof (some meters from the ground).
There is no other hold You can reach from the ground, if not the stand start at the beginning of the line.

Ciao !
phil 22 Jan 2010
...maybe...
But you can start this route from another hold you can reach from the ground...
Chris 22 Jan 2010
The route can't be compared to "Inga". It hasn't a sitstart, it's a complete route. Another great achievement for young Adam!
Chri 22 Jan 2010
sorry, but this does not look like a line...it´s beyond doubt hard but i´ll be interesting what 8a.nu will say about this line that´s rather about difficulty than quality...
Phil 22 Jan 2010
Chris...
It's exactly why I post my comment here and not on 8a.nu !
It's a hard climb, like "Inga" and what free climbing is doing from more than 30 years ?
Just looking for new games, new challenges...
It's not to 8a.nu to tell what is good or not !
Free climbing was born by the will to play and I do not want it stopped !

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...