UKC

Short term life insurance

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 m0untainman 15 Jun 2010
Hello,

I'm off to the Alps for 2 weeks in July, can someone please recommend a life insurance company who will offer tempory cover for my trip.

Basically if I don't come back alive I want to make sure my mortgage gets paid off etc for my partner.

thanks
 Trangia 15 Jun 2010
In reply to m0untainman:

Why don't you take out an annual policy (which includes hazardous sports) if you want to protect your partner? Statistically you are much more likely to die in road accident than whilst climbing.

Try BMC Insurance services.
 imkevinmc 15 Jun 2010
In reply to m0untainman: Haven't you got cover on your mortgage already? Wasn't it a condition of the mortgage?
 lawrenceK 15 Jun 2010
In reply to m0untainman:

My life assurance with aviva didn't cover me for climbing/mountaineering. I contacted Summit Financial Services and they have got me a quote for roughly the same monthly payment covering me for my climbing/mountaineering, including the Alps.

Dal at summit has been very helpful and I would recommend them. Strangely it is Aviva who are offering me coverage. Before I went through Summit Aviva were tripling my monthly bill for climbing.
 thin bob 15 Jun 2010
In reply to m0untainman: BMC or the peoplethat advertise in premier posts on here?
OP m0untainman 15 Jun 2010
Thanks,

I have a good life insurance policy with my partner when we took out the mortgage however this does not cover dangerous sports such as climbing. I think I will phone some of the companys you have all kindly mentioned.

Thanks again
Ivan Braun DK 16 Jun 2010
And please allow me to add - does anyone know about a insurance company that accepts international clients (Im danish)

None of the danish companies that I have talked to wanted to know anything about me when I mentioned that I'm mountaneering....and wifey kinda expect that I have the situation covered if anything happends.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...