UKC

rope burn

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 uncontrollable 19 Jun 2010
Okay, so I manage to get rope burn on my right hand, 14 blisters equally spread over fingers and palm.
By now (after lot's of cooling) it doesn't hurt anymore to badly.
I read on the NHS homepage to seek medical advise :
# if the burn is deep or large, or if there is blistering (pockets of fluid on the skin),
# if the burn is on the face, hands, feet, genital area, joint areas or is around the upper body (torso), neck or a limb,

Now it's Saturday night which means A+E is the only option till Monday. Trips to A+E in the past have been a bit of a waste of time, so not to motivated to spend the night there sitting around.

Does anyone know what they would do to treat the burns?
Is there any reason not to wait till Monday?

Anyone any experience with Rope Burns?

cheers
Anonymous 19 Jun 2010
I would call NHS direct and ask their advice. They should be able to tell you whether it's worth going into A&E.
In reply to Anonymous:
cheers
will give that a try.

tasmat 19 Jun 2010
In reply to uncontrollable: I suffered severe rope burn on my left hand about 18 months ago. I was out of action for about three months. During that three month period I had several trips to the East Grinsted burns unit, as the burn was too serious for my GP to deal with. Basically, as the tissue was healing, it was contracting, and my fingers were beginning the bend, the result being my hand resembling a claw. After lots of physio, pain killers, and time, the wound healed.

My advise is to seek medical help if you think it is serious enough. Only you can make that call.

On a side note, the staff at East Grinsted burns unit were fantastic, I can't speak highly enough of them.

NHS direct suggest a trip to the nearest A+E,
happy times, better find a good book

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...