UKC

45l rucksac

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 boingsplash 20 Jun 2010
Looking for about 45l rucksac for
1) weekend camping - to hold sleeping bag, change of clothes, small stove, essentials.
2) Week away - stuff for a week youth hostelling or similar
3) Climbing days - rohbust for lots of gear and rope, ideally with separate lunch/water pocket

I have a 65l but it is too big and just fill with stuff I never use! and then have to carry it!.

I did borrow and ME40l sac that was ideal but no longer make them.

Any Recommendations?

Alice
 Iwan 20 Jun 2010
In reply to boingsplash:

I like the Osprey Atmos 50.
 thin bob 20 Jun 2010
In reply to boingsplash: i had deuter recommended to me in the shop, they certainly look like they fit the bill when you examine them closely: they do look a bit like rambling sacks at first
 edmonio 20 Jun 2010
In reply to boingsplash: Crux ak47 bombproof!
In reply to boingsplash: I've had the Osprey Exposure 38l which is like a 45l...and it has been fantastic for what it is!

Something neat tidy and clean cut would do you. I'd definitely say any of the above...or even the Mutant
 mrchewy 20 Jun 2010
In reply to boingsplash: OMM The Villian sou nds about right. Great bag.
 Fluvial 20 Jun 2010
In reply to boingsplash:
The Berghaus Arete 45 is pretty good, nice and simple, sleek and easy to climb in.
 Tim Sparrow 20 Jun 2010
In reply to boingsplash: I have a Crux AK 47-X for sale (the one with the extendable lid). Bombproof sack, one year old and hardly used. Email me for a price if interested.
 robotninja 20 Jun 2010
In reply to boingsplash:

Haven't had any experience at all of the others mentioned but I love my Osprey Mutant 38. Had no problems packing everything for a day's climbing into it.
 PeakMonkey 20 Jun 2010
In reply to boingsplash:
I have the Berghaus Arete 45, great if you're on a budget, i've used it for all those things and it's been great. It doesn't have a separate lunch pocket like you mentioned as such, but for a "traditional" rather than lightweight rucksack it's fairly light and has quite a few features - rope clip, ice axe holders, H2O pouch etc. Also I got mine for only £55 which I thought was really good value.
Hope that helps
 eschaton 20 Jun 2010
In reply to boingsplash: i have a berghaus arete 45 for sale in black, very good condition. email me if you're interested
 owen1988 20 Jun 2010
In reply to Tim Sparrow:

I'm interested if boingsplash does not want it. have mailed you.

owen
 davidwright 21 Jun 2010
In reply to boingsplash:

The Low alpine apline attack 45L is very good. Robust comfortable and well set up for climbing. Has a hydration pocket and a quite spacious lid pocket for lunch. They do/did a womens version if that matters. I wouldn't recomend the berghaus one. I have 2 or 3 friends who have brought that one and none of them like it very much.
Ivan Braun DK 21 Jun 2010
Got the Osprey Mutant 38 - and its perfect, got plenty of room and details.
 Roberttaylor 23 Jun 2010
In reply to boingsplash: Berghaus extrem 45+10, it is versatile enough that it can be used for a walk in with tents and for climbing. Arete does not have the option of expanding.

Extrem has gear loops on the waistbelt and shoulder straps which I find handy.

Mr-Cowdrey 23 Jun 2010
In reply to boingsplash: have a look at the deuter guide 45. i havnt used it yet, but a mate of mine has one and he says its (in his own words) 'f*ckin' brilliant!'
 mattrm 23 Jun 2010
In reply to boingsplash:

Obvious answers include:

OMM The Villan 45l
Podsack Alpine 40 or 50
Crux AK37 or 47
Deuter Guide 35+ or 45+
Mammut Granit 40

Personally I have a Mammut Granit 40l. But I'm probably going to swap to either a Podsac Alpine 40 or a OMM The Villan with much the same usage.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...