UKC

Cheap Mountain Leader Training!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Katie86 20 Jun 2010
Heya

I'm looking for a cheap ML Training in October time!

Any ideas??

I've looked at http://www.snowdonia-adventures.co.uk/skillscourses/mountain-leader-trainin...
Any one done a course with them? They are only £325 including all food and accom!

I'm looking in Northern Snowdonia (Ogwen/Capel Curig/Betws/)! Cheaper would obviously be better! And i'm not too bothered about accom because I can get my own for free.

Who is good? I did my SPA with Andy Newton in Llanberris and he was ace!
 David Hooper 20 Jun 2010
In reply to Katie86:

Hi Katie

Andy or Phil George are both really excellent.
 Big Steve 21 Jun 2010
In reply to Katie86: I know the guy who runs Snowdonia- Adventures. Hes a top bloke, posts on here sometimes. It will be a good course, well run and at a good price
Dirk Didler 21 Jun 2010
In reply to Katie86: Not sure if there still doing it but Lochaber college where doing it for £250 but that was without digs,you need to contact Matt Groves@lochaber.uhi.ac.uk
or give them a phone,good luck.
 MtnGeekUK 21 Jun 2010
In reply to Dirk Didler:

Another vote for Phill George:

www.phillgeorge.com

PeterM 21 Jun 2010
In reply to Katie86:
Hi,

Another option is to sign-up/volunteer for an org. I did/do that for Duke of Edinburgh and have gained my SML (Incl a 1-day nav deferment) without paying a penny myself. The only commitment is I help take out expeditions.
 Andy S 21 Jun 2010
In reply to Katie86: well, I'm not saying you should just take the course without asking around first, but for what it's worth, I think it's hard to find a bad ML course these days. 99% of the time you can count on the trainers being great people, great trainers and the course being v good quality.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...