UKC

Kinder Downfall in great nick

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Lola Fropi 01 Apr 2003
Did it this morning (super Alpine start). Every pitch in good, solid nick and even got some good screws in.

There were quite a few parties on the route and it was starting to get hooked out. Get yourself down there before you miss the chance - could be the last this year.

Watch out fo the cornice though.

xx

Lola
 Monk 01 Apr 2003
In reply to Lola Fropi: Wow. I'm going to skip off work and get straight out there! Who'd have thought it would have frozen at the start of april!
Tobs 01 Apr 2003
In reply to Monk: especially after all this warm sunshine...
martin k 01 Apr 2003
In reply to Lola Fropi: My arse!
Jonathon Winter 01 Apr 2003
In reply to Lola Fropi: knobhead
Crimper 01 Apr 2003
In reply to Lola Fropi:
>
> Did it this morning (super Alpine start). Every pitch in good, solid nick and even got some good screws in.

I can't beleive that you've taken to posting such lurid descriptions of your sordid activities on a public forum!

That Nick is good and solid is beyond question. He's a fine upstanding yound man, a credit to his generation, and somebody that I'm proud to call friend.

You on the other hand are beneath contempt. It's bad enough that you've taken to christening your body parts after cherished parts of British scenery, but to come on here boasting that you've pitched Kinder Downfall into great Nick in the name of getting "... some good screws in." is another matter all together.

This thread should be zapped at the first opportunity.
rich 01 Apr 2003
In reply to Lola Fropi: anagrams people . . . .
Richard Greasby 01 Apr 2003
In reply to Monk:

I don't think I'll be going up to Kinder Downfall based on a report that its in nick after a very warm couple of week Especially as the report was submitted on APRIL FOOLS DAY!

Monk 01 Apr 2003
In reply to Richard Greasby: Sarcasm not obvious enough for you then? I even made a reference to the start of April!
Richard Greasby 01 Apr 2003
In reply to Monk:

I did notice the April reference but I wasn't sure anyone else had!
OP Lola 01 Apr 2003
In reply to rich:
> (In reply to Lola Fropi) anagrams people . . . .

Well done Rich. 28 mins of fun ain't bad for a rain Tuesday omrning I suppose.

I did spend a while trying an anagram of Jonathon Winter's post, but perhaps he isn't as much of a wordsmith as the rest of us. Unless NAKED HOB means anything to anyone?

Now, did anyone see that pic of the bolts on Flying Buttress Direct? Makes the crux a lot more pleasant I say....
Shneb 01 Apr 2003
In reply to Lola:
Newcastle student, ey? Who are you anyway? Not that goofy tw*t I saw in the Alps last summer?
OP Lola 01 Apr 2003
In reply to Shneb:
> Newcastle student, ey?

No, a soon to be ex Newcastle employee

> Not that goofy tw*t I saw in the Alps last summer?

Well, I wasn't in the Alps last summer, I was in the Ecrins. But I am a goofy tw*t, so you were half right, maybe even three quarters.

What was the goofy tw*t doing?
Shneb 01 Apr 2003
In reply to Lola:
Well it's not you and I hope I'm not offending you. Just I met some lad from Newcastle uni who was in Chamonix and he was really annoying. I think he was called Sam or Simon or something.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...