UKC

Climbing clubs manchester

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FreshSlate 28 Jun 2010
Hey based in manchester, climb outside a bit but thinking about joining a club aswell, noticed the karabiner club has some sort of annual fee, is this true of all clubs or is it for special priveledges? Who should I sign up with and what should I expect?
In reply to FreshSlate: if you can wait til september go and join one of the University clubs. you don't need to be a student to join though you will have to pay a yearly membership which will get you affiliate membership to the BMC and use of club equipment.
 Rog Wilko 29 Jun 2010
In reply to FreshSlate: The Lancashire Caving & Climbing Club has members all over the NW and neighbouring areas such as Yorkshire. We have a weekly programme of climbing meets throughout the year and mid-week evening meets in summer (indoors in winter). In addition, caving meets are usually every two weeks or so. We have a core of active members of all ages including a respectable number of women, climbing at all grades. The club is friendly, non-sexist, non-elitist and actively welcomes new members. We have two huts, one near Dow Crag in the Lakes and the other below the Moelwyn crags in North Wales. To find out more visit http://lancashirecavingandclimbingclub.co.uk/home/
look for link to calendar to see future programme. Day or weekend meets in the Peak are frequent. (PS – caving not compulsory!)
If you’d like to give us a try you’d be welcome to come on a meet or two as a guest.
 trish1968 29 Jun 2010
In reply to FreshSlate: I'm Manchester based and a member of LC&CC
Everything Rog says is spot on. I've been in a few local clubs but this one is really good as they have members from all over and club meets most weekends and during the week so lots of climbing on offer.
 Ben Callard 29 Jun 2010
In reply to FreshSlate:

Check out the Mynydd CC, based in south Manchester. Top fun to be had with them. Lots of members climbing all grades, mid week meets in the Peak and weekend meets all over the UK and abroad. Membership is about £20 a year I think. Check the BMC website for affiliated clubs around the UK.
 Howard J 29 Jun 2010
In reply to FreshSlate: You'll find most clubs charge an annual subscription, but if the club is BMC affiliated that includes many of the benefits of BMC membership, including 3rd party insurance. You'll also get BMC discount on gear at a lot of retailers, so if you can't make the sub pay for itself you're not really trying! On top of which, clubs are a great place to meet lots of climbing partners with differing backgrounds and experiences, and most are very sociable.

Have a look at Innominata Mountain Club, which meets first and third Thursdays each month at the Phoenix in Hazel Grove (on the A6 opposite Sainsbury). Regular evening meets in the Peak, weekends away and longer trips abroad.

The website (soon to be updated) is www.innominata-mc.co.uk
 welshgemma 30 Jun 2010
In reply to FreshSlate:

I've just joined the LCCC, everything trish and rog said is spot on everyone is really welcoming and friendly and theres loads of climbing meets on in the week and on the weekends

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...