UKC

THE LOWDOWN: Corrida, 9a, the video

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
[Christophe Zehani, 2 kb]20 June, Christophe Zehani, who turned 36 yesterday, made the FA of his long time project Corrida at Fetid beach, having made more than 200 tries spread over three years. Corrida is more or less an endurance route. 44 moves on shallow one- and two finger pockets, with no rest. Sounds and looks hard...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=56078
 David Bulley 30 Jun 2010
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: that looked painful
 long 01 Jul 2010
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: Looks stunning.

Is anyone able to guess how many possible 9a's there are now in the world?
 Morgan Woods 01 Jul 2010
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC:

Fetid beach...sounds nice!

anyway interesting dogging tat on the third clip.
 Quiddity 01 Jul 2010
In reply to Morgan Woods:

mmm... fetid beach surprise!

seriously, though, the route looks mega. I also had made a note of the dogging tat for future reference!
 Quiddity 01 Jul 2010
In reply to douglas:

not sure how up to date it is

http://escalade9.wifeo.com/voies.php
 long 01 Jul 2010
In reply to plexiglass_nick: What a list! Thanks for that. I'm now psyched for training more than ever.
 Quiddity 01 Jul 2010
In reply to douglas:

That's a lot of ticking, best get to it
 Fraser 01 Jul 2010
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC:

Hmmm, very impressive climbing, without a doubt. But that video didn't do it justice - it was one of the worst I've seen in quite a long time. Bad camera work and shoddy editing. A triumph of style over substance in my opinion, sorry.

After 200 attempts by the leader, you'd think someone could have sussed out the best camera angles and at least get the crux moves in frame! Also was he really climbing on a 20mm dia. rope or was that just some bad digital effects jiggery-pokery?!
 Morgan Woods 01 Jul 2010
In reply to Fraser:

mmm...i thought it might have just been my small screen but i didn't like not seeing his hand actually hit each hold.
 Fraser 01 Jul 2010
In reply to Morgan Woods:

No, it's just bad camera work I'm afraid. Disappointing.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...