UKC

Revolution Country Traveller

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Nigel R 01 Jul 2010
Just about to go out tomorrow and invest in one of these. Everything I've seen, felt and read about it leads me to think it might be a good bike. Anyone got one: what's your thoughts?
OP Nigel R 01 Jul 2010
In reply to Nigel R: Please. Excuse my manners!
 BigBrother 02 Jul 2010
In reply to Nigel R: probably too late but I am sure I have seen them spoken of well on the touring forums. You would have more luck asking here tbh

http://forum.ctc.org.uk/
 Worcester_Ash 02 Jul 2010
In reply to Nigel R:

Hi mate. Bought one last summer and did a two week tour from Portsmouth to Montpellier- around 900 miles, including lot's of passes and a couple of trips up Mont Ventoux. No mechanical problems, and escaped with just a single puncture.

Being a full carbon roadie, I liked it because of it's Aluminium frame, making it lighter than many of it's steel counterparts. The STI shifters on the hoods are much better than bar end shifters, and aren't that much 'less durable'. It's compact frame makes it nice and comfortable, would definitely recommend it for the price. It's also got the frog's leg brake levers across the bars, which is a nice option. Mud guards and pannier rack are included so you're ready to go!
Simon Wells 02 Jul 2010
In reply to Nigel R: My wife has one or at least the one with disc's, awesome value for money, 5k on it and still going well, as good as my £1250 trek tourer!
OP Nigel R 04 Jul 2010
In reply to Nigel R: Thanks for the advice everyone: collecting it next Monday!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...