UKC

Women do V12's (Font 8a+)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 03 Apr 2003
from 8a.nu

"In two days last week, Lisa Rands managed to climb two 8A+'s at Hueco Tancs. First she sent Chablanke on the 28th and then Sarah sit-start on the 29th.

Lisa found the latter slightly easier and thinks it might be 8A.

Lisa is the first woman to have two 8A+'s under her belt. Add two 8A's and about a dozen of 7C+'s and you realize it was only a matter of time before the first 8A+ would come.

OK, with 4 women (five if you choose to count Josune's traverses) having sent problems harder than 8A, we're now waiting for the first 8B."
 mark s 03 Apr 2003
In reply to Mick - Rockfax USA: it will happen soon,as nmore women climb its only a matter of time.women should be just as good as men,it must be the only sport where been a man is not an advantage.
Anonymous 03 Apr 2003
In reply to mark s:
hows about synchronized swimming...
Mr W 03 Apr 2003
In reply to mark s:
> (In reply to Mick - Rockfax USA) it will happen soon,as nmore women climb its only a matter of time.women should be just as good as men,it must be the only sport where been a man is not an advantage.

What? Unless there is some change in the genetic make-up of the fairer sex they will never climb as hard as men. They simply do have the same power-weight ratio.

Billy De Kid 03 Apr 2003
In reply to Mr W:
What they lack in power they keep seeming to make up with their brains.
John Alcock 04 Apr 2003
In reply to Billy De Kid:
Women frequently do better than men in equestrian events and free diving records. In the former category some would no doubt say they have plenty of practice training dumb animals of the human species.
Dave 04 Apr 2003
In reply to Mick - Rockfax USA: I'm sure Tori can do anything Lisa can do, but much quicker and with better style.

Go Tori... (ra ra ra )!
In reply to Mick - Rockfax USA: I'm developing a pathological hatred of the use of the word sent in this context. I must get a life!!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...