UKC

Climbing shoe mod for odd sized feet?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ClimberJimmyB 14 Jul 2010
I'm sure I am not alone in having different sized feet. My right foot is slightly larger than my left.
The fitting of my climbing shoes (scarpa slippers) is great on my left foot - down turned toe but still pretty sensitive.

The right foot toes, however, are painfully crushed forward yet their is still a little bagginess in the heal. I have worn the shoes for nearly 6 months but they just don't seem to stretch or break in at all.

Someone suggested a small slit in the back of the rubber rand to allow it to stretch a little more and let my heal fill the heal-cup.

Has anyone heard of/done this? Will it work or ruin semi serviceable pain of shoes?

Thanks for you help.
 gethin_allen 14 Jul 2010
In reply to jamesburns:
I've had the same issue with different sized feet, in the end i've found some less technical boots that fit ok but i did consider getting a thin bit of padding and glueing it in to the heel of the shoe for the smaller foot.
annakintner 14 Jul 2010
In reply to jamesburns:
It's a big of a bastard to get them over here but Acopa will sell you one of each shoe in different sizes. www.acopausa.com.
OP ClimberJimmyB 15 Jul 2010
In reply to annakintner:
Thanks. I think i will have to look at Acopa for my next pair.

I have a pair of 'work horse' lace-ups which are fine for most things. I was just hoping I could wear a more technical & aggressive shoe for hard bouldering... C'est la vie.
 EddInaBox 15 Jul 2010
In reply to jamesburns:

I contacted these people:
http://www.beyondhope.co.uk/evolv.html
who are the U.K. importers for Evolv and I ordered a split sized pair through them, it cost a little more and I had to wait for my shoes to come in from the U.S with the next shipment, but they were very helpful.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...