UKC

Reccomend me 2 camp sites - Hope Valley & Eyam

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 oem_uk 26 Jul 2010
Hi,

Can anyone reccomend me a 2 nice campsites in 1x Hope valley, and 1x in Eyam or near too?

Also any nice walks from Hope to Eyam?

Cheers
 tompilgrem 26 Jul 2010
In reply to oem_uk: Hardhurst Farm- next to Travellers Rest on main Bamford/Hope road (camping sign on main road). Has a seperate field for tents- which never gets to packed- people tend to pitch on ouside boundary of field leaving middle open.New hot showers good- older toilet block leaves a bit to be desired- but is adequate.
Seperate area for washing up- and at weekends a cafe on site does decent cheap food.
The trainline runs past top end of field- but never bothered me much.
Have also used with campervan- has plenty of sites with electric in seperate field from tents.
Pub at bottom of road very usefull.
May need to book in advance for weekends 01433 620001
Hope this helps
Bob
OP oem_uk 26 Jul 2010
In reply to tompilgrem: Thanks will have a look
 SFM 27 Jul 2010
In reply to oem_uk:

Been a couple of years since I've stayed at either site but reckon the Eden Tree campsite in Bradwell is nicer than Hardhurst farm. It doesn't have an onsite cafe and is pretty strict regarding noise however. It's much smaller so on busy weekends availability can be an issue as they try to allocate a minimum of space for each pitch. There are a few statics on site so has more of a permanent or community feel to it too.
I would say that Hardhurst is a more much more relaxed site. Both are good though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...