UKC

NEWS: FRI NIGHT VID: Adam Ondra at Raven Tor

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 06 Aug 2010
Adam Ondra at Raven Tor Video, 5 kbThe day after competing in the Bouldering World Cup in Sheffield, Adam Ondra hits Raven Tor in the Peak District.

The young Czech monster smashes Chimes of Freedom (F8a+) onsight and sends Revelations (F8a+/b - ish!) in very quick time.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=57194

David Bulley 06 Aug 2010
In reply to UKC News: Unreal climber
 snoop6060 06 Aug 2010
In reply to Bulley:

Aye, defo is.

How did he get on on Hubble then? He must have tried it!
 Boogs 06 Aug 2010
In reply to UKC News:

hhmmmmmmm not bad . . 80S , damn he makes them look too easy . I'm going to take up knitting I think . .

Good stuff though . Ta !
 craig d 06 Aug 2010
In reply to boogie man: He does chimes into waddage which is 8B as it states on the video.
 anonymouse 06 Aug 2010
In reply to UKC News:
I liked the way the word "CLIMAX" appeared at really dull moments.
 Gareth Bowen 06 Aug 2010
DIn reply to UKC News: Dear ukc, could you please post a link as well as embedding these videos. If I'm browsing on my phone, then vimeo can detect this and I can watch the video on my phone rather than search for it myself. Ta
 Derek O 07 Aug 2010
In reply to UKC News:

To be honest I thought this was pretty boring and the soundtrack annoying.

Its no doubt impressive what he is climbing if you were there watching but in a video it doesnt really come across.
In reply to Gareth Bowen:

Yes that would be much better as the embedded videos don't show up.
 IanC 07 Aug 2010
In reply to Steve Perry (Pezz):

link: vimeo.com/13384269
 Andrew Smith 07 Aug 2010
In reply to Derek O: I think the fact that the he climbs so fantastic, with ease, and with much talent makes it boring. He makes it look sooo easy!
In reply to IanC:

Thanks Ian!
 jon 08 Aug 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Just shows what I've always thought... Chimes is just a line of jugs!
In reply to UKC News:

Not the best video really. The soundtrack was really getting on my nerves and it's not really showing anything that Adam is doing in any great detail.

Oh and Raven Tor near Sheffield? Not really is it...
 Bob Dickinson 08 Aug 2010
Fluent climbing accompanied by, yet again, another unimaginative irritating soundtrack which totally detracts from the images.
banned profile 74 08 Aug 2010
In reply to UKC News: thats one of the most boring climbign vids ive ever watched.ondra is just so boring to watch climbing
 big john 09 Aug 2010
no-one has said this is a great video, but is certainly interesting to people who are familiar with the routes or just want to see 8b look like a path. stop your whinging.
 Mike Nolan 09 Aug 2010
In reply to big john: To be fair, I think it's great UKC shows us things like this, but seriously, how many proper moves do you get to see, it keeps flicking forward, watching him stand there getting ready to do a move, then flicks forwards again, making it difficult to watch his style.
banned profile 74 09 Aug 2010
In reply to big john: stop whinging about my whinging,its called an oppinion
 SARS 13 Aug 2010
Terrible video. Gave me a headache after a few minutes, couldn't finish watching it - too much flicking all over the place.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...