UKC

THE LOWDOWN: FA by Lama at Céüse

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
David Lama, 2 kbWhile Gabri Moroni was back home for a few days to sort out his business, David Lama got back to work on the Dave Graham-project in the Berlin sector at Céüse. He was close a few years ago, but was unable to seal the deal.
Gabri described the route as long and sustained, not so steep, with small...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=57282
 Morgan Woods 11 Aug 2010
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC:

I wonder what he'll call it "Patagonian Flame Wars" perhaps.

There is already a Red Bull in Les Bruixes but maybe he's hoping to play down that connection anyway.
Ackbar 11 Aug 2010
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: Don't care. Not really news worthy anyway.
 Quiddity 11 Aug 2010
In reply to Ackbar:

David Lama opens 8c+ Dave Graham project at premier sport crag? How newsworthy does news have to get for you? I ask you.
 langar27 11 Aug 2010
How about David Lama and Redbull f**k off back to the Compressor Route in Patagonia and clean up there mess!!!! People haven't forgot about what a dirt bag David Lama & Redbull are.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=117245548315799
 Dan Lane 11 Aug 2010
In reply to langar27:

Totally agree, i dont give one about what he has done until he goes and cleans up his mess. Even then i doubt i would be enthusiastic about it, what's done is done.
 TonyG 11 Aug 2010
In reply to Dan Lane:

Likewise. No interest in hearing news about this guy, to be honest, or seeing further advertising for Redbull on a climbing site.
sberk 11 Aug 2010
In reply to langar27:
Agreed. Don't report news about him until he apologizes, especially not with pictures of him in that f'ing hat.
 TonyB 13 Aug 2010
In reply to sberk:

What on odd set of replies. It's OK to hear about Adam Ondra climbing major projects in Ceuse but not David Lama? Come on, both are significant achievements and should be reported. It would be a pretty poor website if it only reported news on people who UKC users liked.

I like the LowDown. Keep up the good work.
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: Keep reporting this stuff, it gives us somewhere to remind everyone that we haven't forgotten!
 Henry L Buckle 13 Aug 2010

Red bull puppet, go clean up your mess.
 LakesWinter 13 Aug 2010
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: How about calling it, @I made a mess in Patagonia but dont give a shit coz I'm doing what I want and being a nob.@
 @ndyM@rsh@ll 13 Aug 2010
In reply to Nearly everyone on this thread: Yes, we know what happened in Patagonia was fairly crap, but you're all just making yourself look like a complete set of whining pathetic losers, especially Akbar. This is newsworthy, and it's appearing in the news, that's how it works.
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: I disagree, in our activity which has no enforceable rules the collective shunning of those who act against the ethics of the majority is one of the most powerful tools available to maintain those ethics. It applies here, to Medwards and to anyone else. You screw up and don't fix it and we WILL drown out your future achievements with reminders of your sordid history.
 MRJ 13 Aug 2010
In reply to willworkforfoodjnr: The hungry man above has a fair point - how else would you discourage such activity other then public shunning and reducing the amount of free advertising red bull gets?
Yes, it's fairly newsworthy - but a picture of him that's 50% red bull hat makes me f***ing cringe.
 langar27 14 Aug 2010
In reply to willworkforfoodjnr: Hungry man..You are spot on!
bomb 18 Aug 2010

He could onsight 9b and I wouldn't give a shit until he apologises to the argentinians and cleans his mess up.
In reply to willworkforfoodjnr: i agree with you completly....he shouldnt be putting his energy into anything until he cleans up his mess...after that then ye publish news about him

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...