UKC

tingling feet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
andy holder 16 Aug 2010
since using SPD cleats. I get pins and needles, tingling and numb toes, in two different types of shoe, i can walk in shoes comfortably they most definately fit well one pair I would say was a toch loose.
any thoughts of similar experience , cheers
 Horse 16 Aug 2010
In reply to andy holder:

I find that this sort of thing is because I have pulled the velcro closures too tight. If I loosen the velcro slightly problem goes away.
In reply to andy holder:

Could be the straps or it could be that you are applying too much pressure on the downward stroke rather than pedaling in circles? Check your technique and also your cleat position.

I would imagine that it would be the straps rather than your stroke, I had a similar problem with my new shoes.
In reply to andy holder:

I get that and have found that it is because I have a slight pronation - when I cycle I'm pushing down on the outside half of my foot much harder than the inside.

Using inserts in my shoes and fiddling with the cleat position more or less sorted it.

Also found it is much worse on an alu frame where you get more buzz from the road.
 TobyA 16 Aug 2010
In reply to andy holder: I often get that, normally its just your shoes done up too tight. My road shoes aren't a great fit for me so I get it a lot. Loosening off the velcro and wiggling my toes around inside the shoes limits it.
 Green Porridge 16 Aug 2010
In reply to andy holder:

I get numb feet a) when the shoes are done up too tight, and b) when cycling over rough road or cobbles. Is the road you ride on very bumpy? Can you afford to drop your tyre pressure slightly?

Tim
In reply to andy holder: shoes possibly too tight/narrow. this causes the nerves between the metatarsals to be pinched and leads to numbness in some people, pain in others. try loosening or try a different pair of shoes.
andy holder 16 Aug 2010
In reply to Green Porridge: its a mixture of road and off road all scenarios really, either ride to work and back or on an mtb trail. Have tried loosening shoes no different just a sloppyer fit. Have also looked at cleat position, fairly sure they are right front ot back maybe side to side could alter
andy holder 16 Aug 2010
In reply to higherclimbingwales: shoes are, pair one good comfy fit can walk in them all day if i had to , pair two are bigger and looser
 Brass Nipples 16 Aug 2010
In reply to andy holder:

Are the shoes too tight round the toes or are your socks too thick? Try thin ones like the coolmax ones you can get.

Is you saddle too high / in the wrong position? When you shift from standard pedals and trainers to spd shoes and pedals you'll find the reach and position from saddle to pedal changes and you may need to lower the seat post slightly and tweak the saddle position (on the rails) to get the correct pedalling position again.
andy holder 16 Aug 2010
In reply to PaleMan: shoes defo not tight around toes, some pressure seems to originate from ball of foot

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...