UKC

Job Hunting

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dickie 16 Aug 2010
I currently have a part time job working casually which I have had for the last year and a bit, recently been looking on the direct gov website although not easy to comprehend. So I then thought that i'd ring the job centre to get an appointment to see an advisor about getting a full time job.

Was on the phone for about 10 mins, then found out that to have appointment to speak to a person i would have to be on Job Seekers Allowance and working for less than 16 hours?!

Does anyone have any advice, on other services that are available, i'm 19 but connexions/YPS dont really want anything to do with it either :S

Cheers for any responses
Dickie
EasyAndy 16 Aug 2010
In reply to Dickie: privately owned jobsites and agencies

forget the jobcentre (although you can go in there and use their jobsearch thing without signing on iirc) they are next to useless and i've only ever found my local one to be soul crushingly depressing
 EeeByGum 16 Aug 2010
In reply to Dickie: Indeed. There is loads of advice out there, but you have to do some running first. Before you start, you really need to have an idea about what you want to do which is almost certainly the hardest part. Once you have figured that out, the rest is relatively easy. Just google jobs and your chosen job and go from there. Don't be afraid to use job agencies. At your stage in the process they will be able to help you with things like CVs and interview technique and you don't pay anything so no worries there.

Good luck!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...