UKC

How not to apply for a job

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rob Exile Ward 18 Aug 2010
Genuine response received:

"Im sure you have an old CV on file I have just relocated to XXX to be with my father whom is in a care home with Dementia. I would have to use the train as transport as I lost my licence until March 2011 due to stress of the associated domestic issue and cocaine using step children I can update CV for specific roles once internet installed on 30 July 2010. "

I have anonymised this but really, I'm curious why someone would even bother sending something like this out? And if, on a 10 million to 1 shot the candidate reads this - I'm truly sorry for your circumstances, but you need to sort things out a bit if you really want to get a job. Your problems really aren't any concern of a prospective employer.
 Milesy 18 Aug 2010
Yeah I agree. While everyone has their problems it is not really nessessary to air them in that way.
 Richard Carter 18 Aug 2010
I once got a very badly written CV (hand written on lined paper and it didn't follow the lines!). At the bottom they wrote that while they had no interest in the job, they had applied because the job centre told them they had to!!!

So I wrote a letter to them and the job centre, telling them that I'd decided to hire them for the job and they could start immediately :-D No one ever got back to me :-/
Sarah G 18 Aug 2010
In reply to Richard Carter:
Leak it to the press! Preferably the Daily Mail.....

Sx
 jayjackson 18 Aug 2010
Saw a CV submitted for a sales assistant position with the supplied e-mail address "killthefrench@..."

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...