UKC

NEWS: New British Route in Cordillera Oriental, Peru

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 20 Aug 2010
The top bivy high on Huaguruncho, 4 kbBritish Climbers Tom Chamberlain and Tony Barton have made a significant first ascent on Huaguruncho (5723m), Cordillera Oriental, Peru.

Their new line, Llama Karma (1000m ED/ 90ยท/V, 24 pitches) was climbed over four days and tackles the large south west face of Huaguruncho.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=57427

Pinch'a'salt 20 Aug 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Nice one Tony!! (And Tom..!)
 Franco Cookson 20 Aug 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Sounds like an ace trip. Ace Effort.
 Henry Iddon 20 Aug 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Sounds like a mission an spicey descent. Good work!
dmontgomery 20 Aug 2010
In reply to UKC News: congrats are in order, and some of the photos are stunning!
 inuklm 20 Aug 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Awesome! Nice one boys!
urban warrior 21 Aug 2010
In reply to UKC News:
WILL SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE GOATS.

Sounds a bit lumpy round the back.

Top effort you Loonies.
 IainMunro 21 Aug 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Inspiring stuff, good effort

Iain
 Kyuzo 22 Aug 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Inspiring - fantastic effort guys!
dutchboy 24 Aug 2010
In reply to UKC News: Good to hear that all is well and top effort I the arse end of nowhere, the line is well impressive, look forward to seeing the photos of the ice cave!
 Mike Pescod 24 Aug 2010
In reply to UKC News: Well done Tony. It seems to have come together nicely this time. Brilliant.

Mike
In reply to dutchboy:
> (In reply to UKC News) Good to hear that all is well and top effort I the arse end of nowhere, the line is well impressive, look forward to seeing the photos of the ice cave!

Ha ha! Not many photos of that I'm afraid, we scarcely managed to get the stove out let alone the camera!
crazypolishbob 27 Aug 2010
In reply to UKC News: Even though it sounds like a great adventure and a great climb, in alpine climbing there is no new route, unless you stand on the summit.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...