UKC

Ratho to close rumour no 743

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 graeme jackson 01 Sep 2010
Yet another rumour that Ratho will be closed to save edinburgh council a couple of quid.
http://news.scotsman.com/scotland/Drastic-sports-centre-closures-are.650606...
 PeterM 01 Sep 2010
In reply to graeme jackson:
A couple of points worthy of mention:
1. The Scotsman/Scotland On Sunday are appalling papers who have little in the way of understanding of journalism. More akin to gossip at best or idle lazy baseless speculation at worst.
2. All golf courses should be closed. Thought that was obvious really.
 rallymania 01 Sep 2010

thanks graeme

if it was anyone other than "the scotsman" i'd be worried, but they churn out that sh-one-t once a year.

anyway i thought Ratho was now turning a profit?

BelleVedere 01 Sep 2010

It seems Edinburgh Leisure have £800,000 savings to find. Also being touted for closure (front page of Edin Evening News) are Dalry SwimCentre, Kirliston Leisure centre, Porty Golf club (developers have been after that for a bit iirc) and crags lesisure centre.

Apparently no decsion has been made yet...

Personally i'd be gutted if Dalry closed as it's where i swim.
 thin bob 01 Sep 2010
In reply to graeme jackson: ...and the costs to humans and the nation's coffers increases..increased porkiness etc etc. Cost of everything, value of nothing.....w*nkers
banned profile 74 01 Sep 2010
In reply to thin bob: so you dont really understand economic then??money doesnt grow on tree's!
 MG 01 Sep 2010
In reply to beastofackworth:
> (In reply to thin bob) so you dont really understand economic then??money doesnt grow on tree's!

My thoughts too. If it's Ratho, or a school, or 20 police, I know what I would do.

valentinesbabe 01 Sep 2010
In reply to MG:
Yeah...me too...I hated school anyway
 MJ 01 Sep 2010
In reply to es:

"Personally i'd be gutted if Dalry closed as it's where i swim"

Save money by closing the Swim Centre and filling Ratho with 10 feet of water. That way you could swim and climb, with the additional bonus of deep water soloing.

rallymania 01 Sep 2010
In reply to MJ:

is that what they call "joined up thinking?"

rallymania 04 Sep 2010

actually i heard another rumor about ratho

it's possible that the starter of these rumors is one of the original investors in the venture. maybe now it's fixed and making money he wants it back?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...