UKC

Wind Up Head torch

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 03 Sep 2010
Does anyone use them? Are they worth getting?
 Trangia 03 Sep 2010
In reply to mypyrex:

I've got a couple of wind up hand torches. The battery life is terrible and you spend your life winding them. That would be inconvenient and fiddly if it's on your head! I'd stick to the modern high high intensity headtorch which has a very long battery life until they invent a wind up one that lasts equally as long.
 wilkie14c 03 Sep 2010
In reply to mypyrex:
Not a headtorch but I do have a wind up radio for camping. BUSH brand from Argos, it was about a tenner. 1 min winding gives 20 mins of radio. It also has a torch built in and the leads and adaptors to charge popular mobile phones. It can take batteries as well presumably for when you can't be arsed to wind the thing up! I think it was a good buy. I digress, I have seen wind up headtorch's but personally I'd be far happier with my Tikka and the spare batteries I carry in the first aid pouch. The technology seems to be getting better/cheaper though...
 OMR 03 Sep 2010
In reply to mypyrex: I wouldn't bother. Guy I know has one, he spends most of the night winding it up. I also got a wind-up radio and it got about 15 minutes reasonable volume for 2 minutes winding - to start with. Last time I tried I got five seconds for the same amount of winding. It's now in the bin.
In reply to mypyrex:

You can get adaptors to make winding-up easier:

http://tinyurl.com/4zu6c2

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...