UKC

outdoor-indoor wall!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
moderatemat 05 Sep 2010
there is a lot of usefull advice on here about building a home indoor wall (and some really good photos)
My question is this - what materials would you guys use for an outdoor training wall?
I have garden space but not indoor space(renting) i want to build a training wall that i can disassemble when i leave.
I was thinking of something about 12' X12' slightly off vertical so that would help keep holds dry.
Would decking timber be suitable for the structure - but what about the surface - plywood splits when it gets wet?
In reply to moderatemat: you could use marine ply, but its quite expensive. or you could just do a very good paint/varnish job.
fil-p 05 Sep 2010
In reply to moderatemat: Hi, I've got a 30deg board in back garden, it's 8ft high 12ft wide. Been up 2 yes with no probs at all. Used 18mm external ply and tanalised timber and then just coated in a fence preservative especially on the edges where it'll start delaminating quicker. Only thing I've noticed is you've gotta crank up the bolts when it's been hot for a while when the boards contract but all good so far
 @ndyM@rsh@ll 05 Sep 2010
In reply to moderatemat: Don't make it slightly off vertical make it very off vertical.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...