UKC

Getting running shoes resoled with stealth rubber

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Roberttaylor 06 Sep 2010
Anyone know where I can get this done?

Robert
Clwydian 06 Sep 2010
In reply to Roberttaylor:

No, but you can buy paint on rubber for rock shoe repair. You could potentially coat the sole of any shoes but it would wear off pretty quickly - probably during the first run.

Why won't off the shelf fell / trail shoes do the job?
 kevp 06 Sep 2010

Feet First, Chesterfield.
 withey 06 Sep 2010
In reply to kevp:

> Feet First, Chesterfield.

Well yes, but it will be the dotty C4 which you find on the Five Ten Guide Tennie's. You won't find anything like the design of the Walsh's, or Inov8 Mudclaws.
OP Roberttaylor 07 Sep 2010
In reply to Roberttaylor: For scrambles that I want to do quickly, e.g running the easy parts.
 Richard Carter 07 Sep 2010

What about something like the scarpa quest, you could run in those....
 Gav M 07 Sep 2010

Why not just buy a pair of the Inov8s? Some of their models come with a sticky rubber sole.
 steve456 07 Sep 2010
In reply to the real dr gav: When they say 'sticky', it's more relative to the normal compound that when faced with slimy rock or a damp wooden bridge has a habit of dumping you unceremoniously into a river. Still, you'd be on your back a lot more trying to run on steep and/or wet grass in tennies than you would climbing wet/dry rock in inov8 (non-'sticky') roclite 315s or similar.
 kevp 07 Sep 2010
In reply to withey:

> Well yes, but it will be the dotty C4 which you find on the Five Ten Guide Tennie's. You won't find anything like the design of the Walsh's, or Inov8 Mudclaws.

Ok.....so you want Walsh or Inov8 sole made from Stealth, fused onto another type of running shoe. Best of luck!

Exile 10 Sep 2010

E-mail Andy Hyslop at Rock and Run. WHen he broke the Cullin Ridge traverse record he wore a pair of ETAs with the front two thirds resoled in flat stealth. (This is going back a few years now mind!)
 vscott 10 Sep 2010
In reply to Roberttaylor: feet first do it with dotty stealth, but it's super slippy on grass so probably annoying for anything other than the cuillin. Best bet is the invo8 mudroc or walsh spirit which both have very sticky soles along with plenty of grip.

In reply to vscott: I can recommend the Inov8 Roclite 295 which has sticky rubber on the sole. Certainly copes well with the rocky trails in the Peak.
 Reach>Talent 10 Sep 2010
I'd second a few of the earlier comments that running on 5.10 dotty stealth can be a bit of a frightener, they really don't cope well with grass. It is great on rock but if you think you'll be doing any crossing of steep slippery ground I would stick with a dedicated trail shoe as turning an ankle really slows you down.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...