UKC

Camping with Kids - Sleeping bags

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BazVee 08 Sep 2010
What do people use in the autumn for their kids to sleep in whilst camping just that we're taking our 11 month old boy camping next week, Isle of Wight but even there it can be a bit cold and damp

Baz
pwhiteside 08 Sep 2010
In reply to BazVee:

If you're car camping, just take a nice warm duvet
 Billy the fish 08 Sep 2010
In reply to BazVee: Summer time we just used a quilt or blanket. In winter, we folded a sleeping bag back over itself to make one short enough that the little 'un didn't vanish down inside it. Now they're bigger than me so not a problem.
 Caralynh 08 Sep 2010
In reply to BazVee:

Adult bag tied off to kill any dead space longer than the child (be careful that the bag can't suffocate the kid)
You can also get baby sleeping bags for tinies, even very good down ones if you want to spend that much.
Otherwise I'd insulate well from the floor with an adult bag folded up on top of a mat, then use the child's normal blankets etc (for reassurance) with an extra layer or 2.
Kipper 08 Sep 2010
In reply to BazVee:

I've got a Vango Nitestar if you want it (used less than 5 times) -
http://www.vango.co.uk/sleeping-bags/nitestar-junior-baby.html
 marsbar 08 Sep 2010
In reply to BazVee: Vango do a baby sleeping bag, my niece loved hers, not too expensive.
 marsbar 08 Sep 2010
In reply to Kipper: That's the one, posting at the same time.
OP BazVee 09 Sep 2010
In reply to BazVee:

Cheers for the advice appreciated.
Baz & little Hugh & his mum
 ezzpbee 09 Sep 2010
In reply to BazVee: was in GO outdoors recently and saw tiny mummy sleeping bags for sale there.
Made me want to have kids again, then on second thoughts perhaps not.
 GrahamD 13 Sep 2010
In reply to BazVee: We just got Lily one by Trespass, seems like a pretty tidy kid's mummy bag which is plenty warm enough.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...