UKC

Anyone ready for CWA/abseil assessment (Westway)?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hi,

I will be ready for my assessment at the end of this month, but am struggling to find anyone else in the same position in order for an assessment to take place. If I could find at least one other person willing to be assessed on both modules on any date at the beginning of October, please reply to this message. I may then be able to approach the provider/assessor (Arrampica) in order to set a date. The MLTE states a minimum of two people are required for an assessment to go ahead. The venue would be Westway, London, I think.

I hope I have posted this in the correct forum!

Safe climbing!

Elefan

Simon Wells 09 Sep 2010
In reply to Elefan:

I am running a CWA assesment, no absiel, this Saturday, based on 12m lead wall near Crewe, Cheshire, we still have spaces.

Also a SPA assessment on the Sat 25th and 24th Sept.

Let me know if I can help,

Simon
Hi Simon,

Thank you so much for the kind offer. If only you were nearer by! I don't have my first aid course until the end of this month though, hence the reason for opting for early October.

Thanks again.

Elefan
 muska25101847 11 Sep 2010
In reply to Elefan: 1st aim is easy are you planing on working at a center if so you can get your defib course free from local nhs training center you have to retake it every 6 month but worth having
 muska25101847 11 Sep 2010
In reply to muska25101847: 1st aid even
 shkinitrep 11 Sep 2010
In reply to Elefan: i would recommend not booking or arranging course dates until you get your 1st air certificate. Its not hard and you will probably pass it but some providers can take a while to issue certificates. if your 1st aid course is end of this month then perhaps look to complete you assessment end of OCT.

without a certificate means a deferral on your CWA.

regards
In reply to shkinitrep:
Thanks for the first aid tip! I phoned my provider and they can issue a letter as confirmation in liue of receiving the certificate.

Take care

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...