/ October Climb magazine

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
mattrm - on 09 Sep 2010
Anyone else got a copy of the new look Climb magazine? It's quite nice and shiny. I think the quality of the photography has definitely improved as well. The shot on the front cover is a definite improvement on previous months. I've read a couple of the articles and they seem decent enough. Thumbs up from me!

What does everyone else think of it?
jshields - on 09 Sep 2010
In reply to mattrm: I would agree, I prefer the glossy cover. Stunning cover shot, it is photos like that that made me pick up On The Edge all these years ago.
Jon
Mike Nolan - on 09 Sep 2010
In reply to mattrm: I think it is a shame they've gone back to glossy pages and covers. I really liked the way the pages looked.
standard on 09 Sep 2010
Yep, I prefer the old feel too. Ah well, will try judge on the content instead when I have time for a proper read.
owlart - on 09 Sep 2010
In reply to mattrm: Maybe it will be waiting for me when I get home. What would be even better woud be if the 'prize' fo Letter of the Month which I won in January was waiting for me too! Despite numerous emails (some of which were answered) I'm still waiting to receive a pair of shoes (or I'd be equally happy with the current prize of a helmet!).
Blue Straggler - on 09 Sep 2010
In reply to owlart:
> Despite numerous emails (some of which were answered)

Have you tried telephoning them?
owlart - on 09 Sep 2010
In reply to Blue Straggler: To be honest, no I haven't, just because email is a lot more convenient and isn't limited to office hours when I can get spare time at work to make the call. I'll have to dig out their number and give them a call though, 9 months waiting is silly! Mind you, as I'm broken I'm not exactly in a mad rush anyway.
ads.ukclimbing.com
Simon Caldwell - on 09 Sep 2010
In reply to mattrm:
I've only looked at the cover so far, and that's an immediate improvement.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.