UKC

100% Waterproof Down/Duvet Jacket, any reccommendations?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MNA123 15 Sep 2010
Hello,

A friend asked me if i knew of any 100% waterproof down/duvet jackets, i do not. So just wondered if anyone on here knows of any?

Cheers.
 Stuzz 15 Sep 2010
In reply to Adam Moroz:

Rab do a few. think i've seen a few other brands doing them too but can't remember who.

http://www.rab.uk.com/clothing/down_insulation/
 Andy_B39 15 Sep 2010
In reply to Adam Moroz: I think PHD do their duvet jackets with the option of a waterproof shell fabric.
http://www.phdesigns.co.uk/insulated-clothing.php?cat=110
 Reach>Talent 15 Sep 2010
In reply to Adam Moroz:
Rab do one and it weighs an absolute ton, it is a great jacket but don't expect it to be enormously packable or particularly suitable for UK use unless you really feel the cold! A friend has the Medium sized version and it weighs much more and doesn't pack as small as my XXL sized down jacket.
yelloman 15 Sep 2010
In reply to Adam Moroz: No experience myself but I have a good friend who has a crux plasma (I'm pretty sure its called plasma.) He swears by it. Maybe worth a look.
OP MNA123 15 Sep 2010
In reply to Adam Moroz:

Cheers guys, id heard of te plasma before but wasn't sure if it was bombproof waterproof or not.
yelloman 15 Sep 2010
In reply to Adam Moroz: Well my mate lives in the north of norway, and from what he's said its pretty heavy duty and warm. As i said i can't comment from any personal experience only what my friend has said. He uses it as a belay jacket for ice climbing, skiing and staggering home blind drunk from the bars at 4am.
 balmybaldwin 15 Sep 2010
In reply to Adam Moroz:

I have a RAB Summit Extreme which is pretty good in all but the worst rain (I still carry decent waterproofs tho)
 monkey_moves 15 Sep 2010
In reply to yelloman: heya!! i can also vouch for the crux jacket!! its bombproof!! awesome piece of kit, waterproof completely and totally warm!! Ridiculous price but if u weight it up against a down and waterproof then u can almost justify the price!! only thing i can mention is its a bit on the light side in terms of filling so not quite as toasty as the rabs, but when it rains....... wrth every penny!
 GarethSL 15 Sep 2010
In reply to Adam Moroz: patagonia primo down, a fully waterproof and technical down insulated ski jacket.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...