UKC

Westway bouldering wall & heaters??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
i.munro 20 Sep 2010
Hi all

I'm thinking of trying out the bouldering at the WW. Haven't been for years since I had several evenings wiped out by the heaters in the shed at the back being turned on.
Can any regular users tell me whether this could still happen?
 Ali.B 20 Sep 2010
In reply to i.munro: The shed? U mean the fridge
i.munro 21 Sep 2010
In reply to jedi996sps:

I think that's what the Westway-ites were calling it when I used to go regularly but that was before they installed the heaters

If it's still called that it might just mean that the name stuck ...?
In reply to i.munro: The heaters at the Westway are the worst possible way of heating up any place. They "turn to ash" everything and anyone who is right next to them and they leave the rest in freezing conditions. However, during winter they're the only way to keep the temperature to reasonable average levels and to stop people from complaining. It's indoor climbing after all and I can't see how they can really waste anyone's session.... Anyhow, they'll probably remain off until November anyway... so hurry up
 racodemisa 23 Sep 2010
In reply to jedi996sps:
Never found it that cold i have to say,unless you stop and chat for to long..you can always microwave yourself under one of those things in the main hall....then re-commence battle a little later.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...