UKC

NEWS: PHOTOS: Hazel Findlay on '69' the E7/8 Crack

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 22 Sep 2010
Hazel Findlay climbing '69' the 5.13b/c (E8?) crack in Squamish, 4 kbLast week we reported that Hazel Findlay has climbed the 5.13b/c (E7/8) crack of '69' in Squamish, Canada.

Photographer Paul Bride was on hand to capture the ascent and we now have two photos of Hazel in action...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=57919

Derbyshire Ben 22 Sep 2010
In reply to UKC News:

It looks well thin and desperate. Good effort Hazel.
 JFort 22 Sep 2010
In reply to UKC News:
Wow! In my dreams!! Well done hazel looks fun!
 Skyfall 22 Sep 2010
In reply to UKC News:

I'm staggered. Hazel deserves way more press than she's getting so far, though obviously interest is increasing.

Talking of fantastic young trad climbers, what's happened to Neil Dickson of late?
 BelleVedere 22 Sep 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Great photos.

220bpm 22 Sep 2010
In reply to es:
>
> Great photos.

Totally. Looks ace.
 dirtbag1 22 Sep 2010
In reply to JonC:

> Talking of fantastic young trad climbers, what's happened to Neil Dickson of late?

He's given up climbing and become a cage fighter...or was it a pole dancer?
 Andy Farnell 23 Sep 2010
In reply to UKC News: Fantastic effort from a talented climber. Just out of interest, how many UK E7/8's have F8a/8a+ climbing...?

Andy F
 Jimbo C 23 Sep 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Nice work. She looks totally composed as she pulls on a ring finger mono!
 TobyA 23 Sep 2010
In reply to andy farnell:
> Just out of interest, how many UK E7/8's have F8a/8a+ climbing...?

Requiem is an obvious one
 AJM 23 Sep 2010
In reply to TobyA:

I could be wrong, but I think I recall TomPR saying that the idea that requiem was 8a+ was basically nonsense.

Found it - http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=412846 looks like him and two others reckon 7c+ is nearer the mark.

Doesn't necessarily make it so, but it certainly casts doubt on it especially given his crack credentials...
 TobyA 23 Sep 2010
In reply to AJM: Interesting. I was on holiday then so missed that thread. Perhaps it has just become one of those stories - "the UK first 8a was actually 8a+... and a crack... and on trad" and it seemed to a good a story to change. Sounds like none of the young guns had actually managed it yet though!
 GrahamD 23 Sep 2010
In reply to TobyA:

Not sure what tht Dave Birkett crack got on Scafell, Talbot Horizon or something ? might be e8 7a which I guess is close ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...