UKC

What happened to the cafe at Awesome Walls, Stockport?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 pog100 22 Sep 2010
As the title, really. Used to be a pretty good cafe, seems to be no more? I didn't get chance to ask, since they were in a power cut and very busy.
 chris fox 22 Sep 2010
In reply to pog100:

Phil Craven stopped working there and the cafe fell apart !

Seriously though, i think they are planning opening a shop and cafe underground
OP pog100 22 Sep 2010
In reply to chris fox:

Good, I missed the toasted sarnie on Sunday. I was relying on it!
 philip1984 22 Sep 2010
In reply to pog100: they were planning to shut the cafe, as it didnt make money but they had no intentions of making it user friendly either, the amount of times people said to me, can we have something green (lettuce) in the s/w. but the bosses only wanted stuff they would eat. its crap that its on reception cos when there busy its hard doing everything else . but is fun asking for toasty n milkshakes. ( 2 most annoying things i had to do in there, usually when it was busy , u have to drop everything to do it lol
 David Hooper 23 Sep 2010
In reply to pog100: There is a decent cafe next door in the furniture showroom - cappucino, panini, that sort of thing .
OP pog100 23 Sep 2010
In reply to David Hooper:

Thanks, that sounds useful!
 jamesgodwin64 23 Sep 2010
In reply to pog100: just remember to get a take out its cheaper!
Dave D 23 Sep 2010
In reply to pog100:

Hi pog100
We now do everything that we did upstairs downstairs on reception. This means that we can serve food all day everyday instead of limited hours.
Bacon butty at 10am, not a problem. Cheese and ham toasty at 9.45pm, not a problem (unless it's a weekend!!!).

Hi Phil
You always bring a smile to my face, thanks!

Dave D
Awesome Walls Climbing Centres Ltd
Liverpool/Stockport/Stoke/??????
 R8JimBob88 23 Sep 2010
Hopefully it wont end up like Stoke. Took me 45 mins to get a bacon butty last time as there was a small group of people signing up for the first time and only 1 person running it...

The only problem with the cafe at stockport was that the chap that ran it was often spotted wearing inexcusable horrendous green shorts. Put me right of my toasties!
 4291 23 Sep 2010
In reply to R8JimBob88:

> The only problem with the cafe at stockport was that the chap that ran it was often spotted wearing inexcusable horrendous green shorts. Put me right of my toasties!

No, the worst thing is enjoying some nice food, then going to the new bouldering area, taking one look a the paint scheme and vomiting it all back up. what were they thinking?

galpinos 23 Sep 2010
In reply to pog100:

Apparently the cafe at Rock Over is quite good.....
 maybe_si 23 Sep 2010
In reply to galpinos:

True!
 philip1984 10 Oct 2010
In reply to R8JimBob88: ive only started wearing them since leaving, so that excuse is void
In reply to galpinos:
> (In reply to pog100)
>
> Apparently the cafe at Rock Over is quite good.....

its getting better all the time
 climberkid 10 Oct 2010
In reply to galpinos: the sandwiches aren't that good, and despite saying they do toasties on the menu, when i asked for one they didn't seem to know what i was on about

but each to there own
 crozzly 11 Oct 2010
In reply to Dave D: Dave, If you could just turn that /?????? in to /Nottingham that would be great ! Really like the awsome walls brand and use the stoke wall on a regular basis.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...